Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a general HP idea..

Junior SCH Member MillCreekMafia's Avatar

Question looking for a general HP idea..

i have a 90 5.0 basically stock. as of now i have offroad H pipe, 40 series flowmasters, thats it. I however just purchased a new vortech s-trim kit, bbk full length headers, a shorty mid-pipe to go with it, 30# injectors with a 73 C&L. the new BBK SSI Intake and with a 70mm throttle body. i am still working on getting a 190lb in tank fuel pump as well to go with it. and i know i should build my bottom end, thats the main reason i didn't get heads and i'm trying to build another motor to put all this stuff on, but since i'm in the learning process, i'm doing it all on my stock motor. I was just looking to see what kind of horse power i should be looking to put out with this. anyone have an idea or is this too broad of a question

Im going to stab a guess at around 325 at the wheels. If you get it dynoed let me know how my guess was! If you havent bought the pump yet, just get the 255. Its not much more and you wont be doing it over like I did!

Quote Originally Posted by 93gt
    Im going to stab a guess at around 325 at the wheels. If you get it dynoed let me know how my guess was! If you havent bought the pump yet, just get the 255. Its not much more and you wont be doing it over like I did!
    i'll be doing dyno runs after i get the supercharger on for tuning purposes. i'll post and let everyone know.

are 30# injectors going to be too big for this blower setup as of right now?

No in fact, I would consider 36s, and if youre going to have a chip burned for the car, I would ask the shop what they would prefer you to use. They may want you to go bigger still. They can make the car run mint without the FMU, then down the road, when you upgrade (like we all do) they will still work after another proper tune.

No in fact, I would consider 36s, and if youre going to have a chip burned for the car, I would ask the shop what they would prefer you to use. They may want you to go bigger still. They can make the car run mint without the FMU, then down the road, when you upgrade (like we all do) they will still work after another proper tune.
    alright thanks... i just uploaded a few pictures of my car to my image thing i think, hopefully it works.

Nice car! One of these days mine is going to be featured in 5.0 Mustang and Superfords. I dont even want to guess at when because its been a long time and Ive been wrong enough about it. Ill let you know when I see it! Be sure to let us know what the car does!! Good luck! -Jim:D

Nice car! One of these days mine is going to be featured in 5.0 Mustang and Superfords. I dont even want to guess at when because its been a long time and Ive been wrong enough about it. Ill let you know when I see it! Be sure to let us know what the car does!! Good luck! -Jim:D
    good luck, i know i'd love to have my car in a magazine as well.. some kind of payback for all of the money and time put into the car.. i'll flip you for it.

All the text and everything has been done for a while, and now its just a matter of waiting like a 5 yr old for Christmas!! The pics are awesome and it was the ultimate compliment for all the years of being so anal about the car and how I cleaned it like surgical equipment from the day I brought it home brand new!
    Attached Images Attached Images

it looks really nice, hopefully i'll open my mag one day and they're you'll be

With the 36# injectors and a pump I would say you'll be capable of closer to 400 at the tires.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Im keeping my answer at 325ish. Stock heads and cam is why. I could be completely off, but knowing what my car pulls on the dyno with the whole Holley Systemax II kit, with the S-trim (365 at the wheels) Im thinking 325 is closer.

Anything is possible. My buddy has a 302 with the system max 2 kit and my old s-trim and 13 psi made 530 at the rear wheel. Nothing fancy about his setup.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

You are right my freind! I have seen some sick numbers on some very mild builds! I was honestly expecting more like 400 at the wheels, but this is where I was safe, and it has been excellent so far. ( now for my next trick!) I was running 9lbs max. Im sure by turnig up the wick on the supercharger, I could have seen some better numbers. This spring should net some great numbers! I will be posting the project and results of my new shortblock, and every thing else thats going into the car. And last but not least, I will have some pics and results from my day at the dyno on April 26th

400 would be nice :)