Thread: 33 or bigger cog pulley?

Junior SCH Member

33 or bigger cog pulley?

I am new to the Novi 2000 world and the kit that I bought has a 75 tooth crank pulley and a 31 tooth blower pulley. I would like to slow the blower down and I would like to do it with a blower pulley. Auto specialties only offers a 30 31 32 tooth pulley. Is there anyone that sells pulleys with 33 teeth or larger? I am also open to possible trades with someone that has a slower cog setup or a good serpentine setup. My kit is for a 87-93 mustang. I know that I could go with a slower crank pulley but they are pretty highly priced. Oh and the guys at auto specialties said that my pulley setup would produce about 17psi at 6200 RPM so if anyone is interested or has any advice for me I would appreciate it! Thanks.

SCH Member
    Unless you are using it as a race car I would go with a serpentine setup for the blower. I have no "user" experience with cogs but have read they are unforgiving on a street car. I have a friend that used to run a Novi 2000 with cogs and I swear I could hear the cog drive over my serpentine drive.

I would sell the cogs and get a 7 inch blower with underdrive accessory and a 3.5 or 3.25 blower. ASP sells them and they wont break the bank.

Eric

Junior SCH Member

Tensioner?

Does anyone know if I will need to change my tensioner with an 8 or 10 rib setup? The prices on ASP are not to bad so I will probably go that route. Thanks.

Matt

What kind of motor is this going on, and what kind of street/track duty do you plan on? You can get another blower pulley with 33 teeth. That's not really the issue, the issue typically is finding a belt that will work with the pulley combination you have. ASP should be able to answer that for you.

http://www.rcdengineering.com/sprocket3.html

You can definitely slow it down. Before you go out and buy anything, let us know some of the answers here.

Not sure if they are similar fitment, but I have a 50mm 34T Vortech pulley ?

I was going to use cogged pulleys with my YSi, but it was turning out to be more hassle than it was worth, so Im getting ASP to cut grooves onto my crank pulley for a ribbed belt.
    They cut 14 ribs into the crank pulley, and Im getting 12 rib blower pulleys to match. Gives the option of using 6,8,10, or 12 rib belts.