Thread: SN newbie few questions....

Junior SCH Member

SN newbie few questions....

ok i have a novi gss blower however i guess its the same as the sn 2000 . i started noticing it was spitting atf back up into the intake elbow. i called paradise wheels they said it needed the seals or possibly a rebuild done. normally does the sn 2000 spit up atf when the seals need to be done or what are some other causes? i also have a paxta map fuel box which came with the kit the previous owner bought which im still trying to fully understand... as well as an msd 6btm box which im on my second one in 1 season! there are also 3 injectors at the throttle body. does anyone have a similar setup to this and how does it work for you? also where have you mounted your msd boxes? i was thinking of mounting mine under my drivers seat due to heat issues, but last time i tried to mount the box under the seat it ran lean, i think it was due to the diamter of the map hose so i decided to put it away for the winter after running the stock ignition for several weeks, but am now getting around to where i left off last season. also paradise wheels offered a modified impeller upgrade as well as an oil cooler... are these worth it? thanks!

-chris

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Yes you have a bad rear seal and that is the only cause. You can purchase the seal and it is a easy install. The injector setup is a was poor solution but with GM electronics was the only solution in the 80's. Impeller very good upgrade and so is the cooler but you need to find a better fuel solution before you up the boost.