Thread: update on my 2 year buildup......

update on my 2 year buildup......

I'll have the car back from my friends house this week( painted the new hood, engine bay, and did the cage the same color as the car) and it will time to take the tank out and get a sump welded in. I'm also cutting the support bars out of the doors as my friend says they both wiegh about 100# :shocked: . I didn't believe it til i opened on of his doors. When the tank is out i'm gonna run 90% of my fuel system, finish up some wiring( hiding about 1/2), and installing the lean mean 351 setup.

Here's the rundown.
    357 8.8:1 with some nice harware in a 1969 block.
    Eddelbrock JR's
    TFS R intake
    Comp 282 XER cam
    Comp SS 1.6's and pushrods (7.7" for the retro rollers)
    T-trim with Anderson pipe, 8" 10 rib and 2.95" SCH pulley(although I'm gonna start with stock pullies)
    60# inj, SCT MAF with a Don Lasota tune
    C4 with Dynamic VB, And 4500 Coan 10" race converter
    3.73's with 33 spline Moser's-w-spool and C-clip elims
    8 point cage with TQ boxes beefed, and subs through the floor
    should be 3000# with my butt in it.

I'll have lots of pics in 3 days......and some videos in a month
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Sound's awesome Brent! Gonna make some good numbers with that combo for sure! :D
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    I'm also cutting the support bars out of the doors as my friend says they both wiegh about 100# :shocked: . I didn't believe it...
    And you shouldn't! I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but the two crash bars combined weigh in at about 35#, give or take a couple. Now if you take out the power window equipment (if it's so equiped), you'll definitely lose more.

Or you can go my route - just trade the doors for the powerless version.

But I sure like the combo your puting together, that should be a blast at the track :teeth:
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Sounds great Brent!!

I would definatly like to see some videos of it. That cam is gunna have a really nice idle to it.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

T-trim with Anderson pipe, 8" 10 rib and 2.95" SCH pulley(although I'm gonna start with stock pullies)
    Well you be getting those SCH pullies on sooner than you think:teeth:

Can't wait to get my bucket back together. Just found out my WP won't work with my new PS setup. Need to get the electric wp with the idler now. Oh well another $400 out the window.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Quote Originally Posted by David Schwarz
    And you shouldn't! I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but the two crash bars combined weigh in at about 35#, give or take a couple. Now if you take out the power window equipment (if it's so equiped), you'll definitely lose more.

Or you can go my route - just trade the doors for the powerless version.

But I sure like the combo your puting together, that should be a blast at the track :teeth:
    well whatever they weigh is what they'll weigh out of my doors. :D Thats 35# removed in the right area. I'll know for sure real quick. I've thought of switching doors and if i come across some clean ones i will but for now i think i'll run power without the crash bars. Thats what the cage is for.

thanks guys. :)
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Senior SCH Member
    but for now i think i'll run power without the crash bars. Thats what the cage is for.

thanks guys. :)
    Couldn't agree more. That's what I did, and I was perfectly happy. The only reason I'm swapping doors now is because the car is getting a little beauty makeover.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Hey I see slicks in your sig. What are you running.. Thought you were going w/ MT DR.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

They'll be in the truck with a cover over them that says, "use in case of emergency". :teeth: :obscene:

To be honest I ordered an extremely loose converter that should hit the tires pretty hard.

Here's some pics. I should have my long block in this week and in the car next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images