Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Help !!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help !!

SCH Member

Help !!

ok guys, maybe you guys could help me discover what the problem is..

Tried getting it dynoed.. When we were making the pulls my boost gauge would hit 8lbs at like 4500rpm's then right around 48-5k the boost gauge would fluctuate an go to 5lbs an an back up to 8lbs and so forth.. We stopped pulling the car cuz the guy said the belt was slipping.. When I look around my supercharger pulley I see no belt dust.. Does that sound like a slippage issue or something else ?

I have a 331 with a v2-sq stock pulley non air-cooled set up.. Pls help me out guys cuz im confused !!

Appreciate it !!

SCH Member
    Sounds like the belt is slipping or the bypass is opening and closing. My Mondo bypass had a bad o-ring and it did the same thing.
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.

SCH Member
    What did you do to fix it ? Did you get a new blow off valve ?

SCH Member
    I was able to replace the o-ring and it was fixed. Do you have the plastic bypass valve that comes in the kit? You can try a run with the bypass valve removed (pluging the holes in the piping of course) and see what happens. If it keeps solid boost I would say that is the problem. I do not know if the plastic valves are easily fixed. You may have to replace it. Call Vortech and see what they say. Is the kit still under warrenty?
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

SCH Member
    Yeah the kit is still under warranty, I do have the plastic vavle from the kit.. I was thinking of just buying a new blow off valve, what the hell.. THey look nice and I probably wont have this problem anymore.. That better not void my warranty.. If so, then im just going to return that item and see what happends.. You and I have very very similiar combo's.. HOw much boost are you running ?

SCH Member
    LOL We went through this before.

Here you go: http://superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=6967

SCH Member
    Thast right, lol my bad.. After that conversation we had I picked up a Riechart Racing pulley, the 3.33 and an 8" renegade crank pulley from Vortech.. Have yet to install.. Im about to purchase the Aeromotive FUel system kit part # 17105.. I found a spot that sold it for cheaper then summit.. I called Summit on it and they matched the price, they originally priced me at 1854.85 , after the call I got it dropped to 1756.50 .. So I was pretty stoked about that..

Hey anyone got any pics of the motor ?

Sounds like belt slip for sure. Tighten it up with a breaker bar and let it rip. Don't believe the crap about main bearing wear in the engine.
    1. Get a brand new belt
    2. tighten the crap out of it
    3. cruise around
    4. repeat step two
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I wouldn't even put the Riechart pulley on yet cause i bet your leaving 60hp in belt slip.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 331stroker
    Im about to purchase the Aeromotive FUel system kit part # 17105.. I found a spot that sold it for cheaper then summit.. I called Summit on it and they matched the price, they originally priced me at 1854.85 , after the call I got it dropped to 1756.50 .. So I was pretty stoked about that..
    Summit has the 17105 kit online for $1,579.95? Whats up with that?

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

Hey anyone got any pics of the motor ?
    What motor pics are you looking for?

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Sounds like belt slip for sure. Tighten it up with a breaker bar and let it rip. Don't believe the crap about main bearing wear in the engine.
    1. Get a brand new belt
    2. tighten the crap out of it
    3. cruise around
    4. repeat step two

My only question about that is I have No belt dust anywhere.. When ur belt slip doesnt it produce belt dust ??

I've looked everywhere around my s/c an nothin

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86merc
    Summit has the 17105 kit online for $1,579.95? Whats up with that?

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

What motor pics are you looking for?

I didnt specify everythin in that price quote.. That also includes the fuel pump controller, delivered .. My bad ..

SCH Member
    I wanna see how the aeromotive kit looks on a motor installed.. I dont know if I want the red rails that kit comes with.. I have to learn how to post pics of my engine cuz i got tons of pics..

My only question about that is I have No belt dust anywhere.. When ur belt slip doesnt it produce belt dust ??

I've looked everywhere around my s/c an nothin
    How many times have you ran it hard? if you have only done it a few times there probably won't be any belt dust.

my belts don't slip. :D :obscene:

SCH Member
    Here are some pics I have here at work.

Last edited by 86merc; 03-25-2005 at 03:01 PM.