Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help !!

Quote Originally Posted by 331stroker
    My only question about that is I have No belt dust anywhere.. When ur belt slip doesnt it produce belt dust ??

I've looked everywhere around my s/c an nothin
    Unless your running the renegade pulley or a reichard pulley you probably won't see any belt dust or very little. The pulley surface is so smoth on the regualr style. Torque that belt to around 90 lbft and repeat a few times every 100 miles till it stays at 90 lb ft. Don't beat on it when breaking in. If you glaze the belt too much than it will slip more easily.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

SCH Member
    THanks 86 Carpi, nice ! ! What kit are u running

SCH Member
    hey blownby, got your pics .. Looken sweet man, sick ride ! Love the way the pump looks too.. Im convinced im about to purchase that kit today.. Have it installed over the weekend.. Do you think my blow off valve has gone bad ?

SCH Member
    Sounds like belt slip for sure. Tighten it up with a breaker bar and let it rip. Don't believe the crap about main bearing wear in the engine.
    1. Get a brand new belt
    2. tighten the crap out of it
    3. cruise around
    4. repeat step two
    Have you had any problems like this before ? When ur belt slip does it make any particular sound ?

If it makes a sound I can't hear it over the whine of the blower and the exhaust. But yeah I'd get a new belt torque it to like 85lbft and drive around for a few heat cycles. Re torque to 85 and a few more heat cycles. It will probably need one more retorque and be good to go. Try not to beat on it while beaking it in. Ususally when the belts start slipping they somewhat glaze over and then begin to slip easier.

As for the valve--doubt it, but how old. I would lean more towards belt slip.

With only like 85 lbft of torque you'll have no issues. Then do like 110 at the track.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Yeah you'll never hear it over the exhaust or the tires, ect....With my friends car, yes....his SN blower would go to 8 psi @ 5 grand slide back to 4psi and then it would catch and spike the boost back up and then slip again. He thought his blower was going bad but an afternoon and we got him back up to speed.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    I'll try getting a new belt.. On the freeway my car isnt super loud well until I get on it but just a lil curious on what the sound was.. My set up is fairly new, I'd say about a year old with less then 4k miles on it .. I have never taken it past 5k rpm's , crazy huh.. I've gotten into a couple races an took them all at 5k rpm's then stop pulling cuz there was no point.. Waist of gas.. But hopefully this is the cure for my issue... Let me know if you guys think of anything else.. Appreciate it !

SCH Member
    THanks 86 Carpi, nice ! ! What kit are u running
    I have the full Aeromotive kit with the A1000 pump and their pump controller. It has worked flawlessly for two years. The only major problem I have with the kit is I have the old sump tank that when I run below 1/4 tank it starves the pump. The new kits should have the new designed sump set ups to avoid this problem. The other slight problem is the fuel rails have clearance issues with the distributor. You can not run the fuel line on the front of the rail. There is just no room to do it. But still it is a very nice kit.

I plan on changing the pump and fuel rails when I shoot for 600+rwhp this year.
    Last edited by 86merc; 03-29-2005 at 01:50 PM.
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.

SCH Member
    really, theres clearance issues for the front ? What did u do to fix that ? Arent u guys afraid someone is going to rear end u at all ? Thats one of my big concerns.. Is my gas gauge going to be affected by the swap ? Is the fuel pump pretty loud ? Where did u mount the controller ?

SCH Member
    Yes you have to install the LH rail fitting in the bottom/middle of the rail. It is fine in most cases. I have read where some people on the corral say they would not recommend that set up on combos over 600rwhp. I don't know how true that is though.

My pump is mounted in front of the gas tank so the pump should be out of the way. If you get rear ended hard enough to have the gas tank rupture it will do it to any tank.

The tank has a provision for the factory gas gauge sending unit. Nothing changes there. The pump is a little loud but I can't hear it over the exhaust and blower whine anyways. lol

I mounted the pump controller in the spare tire well. On the flat side up against the rear body panel. It is out of the way, close to the factory wiring and close to the pump.
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.

SCH Member
    sounds like a good idea, I like the idea about mounting the pump infront of the tank just incase. It just looks like ur saying hey everyone look at me, it stands out.. Dont get me wrong it looks Sweet but at the same time its tempting to those who have bad intensions.. Im thinking about tellin my mechanic to mount that controller where you did, my engine bay is getting crammed !

SCH Member
    hey Blownby,

I've basically showed all my co-workers who are into cars and there drolling over my keyboard !! Car is looken damn nice.. You got any pics of your engine ?

hey Blownby,

I've basically showed all my co-workers who are into cars and there drolling over my keyboard !! Car is looken damn nice.. You got any pics of your engine ?
    Nothing of just the engine yet. Just as it sits in the bay. I will get some when it is all back together in the next few weeks.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'