Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anyone using the Vortech strut support? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using the Vortech strut support?

Junior SCH Member
    I once had a cog belt break that cost me about $1500.00. When it broke it slapped up in front of the front tire and hit my 12" AFM filter. A piece of the belt and filter was sucked through the still spinning blower. Total carnage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ohhhhh Nasty :(

Junior SCH Member
    Any good stories,or people who like their cogs??? Come on now,it can't be all bad experiences.
    Let's Roll....

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manns50
    Any good stories,or people who like their cogs??? Come on now,it can't be all bad experiences.
    I loved then on my HD s-trim. Very consistant with no problems. I just couldn't get the 35s to last on my YS. Maybe if I had spun it slower. One thing thou, When a cog belt snaps it tends to hang on to the crank pulley for a round or 2. It can crack hoods, tear out tranny lines and what-not. We it's works right they're great and sound great too.

Junior SCH Member
    Does Vortech make a 10 rib setup to use with the strut support? Their site does not show the holes in any of their pics,I think they use a general pic for all descriptions.
    Let's Roll....

Does Vortech make a 10 rib setup to use with the strut support? Their site does not show the holes in any of their pics,I think they use a general pic for all descriptions.
    Yup they now make a 8" 10 rib crank. It is $189 from superchargesonline.com. Call vortech for the part number. I just ordered one up and saw it with my own eyes. It is now in the hands of regattacoupe going on his t-trim. I had ASP make me a custom set up.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    It has the holes for the mounting plate I'm assuming?
    Let's Roll....

351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I use a 30mm cog on my YS and was throwing belts like crazy, but after the new brackets its not been an issue, its all in the alignment. Here is a picture:

and another

Ryan
    Last edited by Ninesecsnake; 04-04-2005 at 03:30 AM.
    93 Cobra ,10.61 @ 133 1.91 60ft. 306 YS small aftercooler OLD COMBO
    New for this year: AEM,Mondo Igloo,Super Victor Efi,95lbers

Junior SCH Member
    I should have stayed with the cog setup I guess,I just sold them on ebay and I'm going with an 8 rib Renegade setup with the strut support.8" and 2.95,hopefully I'll be o.k. with this setup and can make around 20lb with em.
    Let's Roll....

Junior SCH Member
    Blownby,I just got my strut support in the mail and decided to use an 8 rib 8"/2.95 setup.I have to order my bearings for the strut support yet,but do you know if I will have clearance issue's with a Griffin radiator and Mark 8 fan? What type of fan did you use and does it cool well? I haven't mocked it up yet,but was hoping using the 8 rib setup will work without too many issue's.
    Let's Roll....

Blownby,I just got my strut support in the mail and decided to use an 8 rib 8"/2.95 setup.I have to order my bearings for the strut support yet,but do you know if I will have clearance issue's with a Griffin radiator and Mark 8 fan? What type of fan did you use and does it cool well? I haven't mocked it up yet,but was hoping using the 8 rib setup will work without too many issue's.
    You should be fine with the radiator. I had to trim some of the material off the inlet tube and shorten the rubber elbow as much as possible. It still hit the strut support but nothing major.

As for the fan you'll probably have issues. I only had like 3" max clearance. So I ran two individual 12" Zirgo fans. They seemed to work fine. Also you could use their one 16" and offset it so the motor is not in the way of the strut bar. I also ran this. Here is the picture:
    http://www.superchargerhelp.com/phot...cat=500&page=1

Maybe this helps??

The two 12's drew a lot of juice though. www.zirgo.com

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Quote Originally Posted by Ninesecsnake
    I use a 30mm cog on my YS and was throwing belts like crazy, but after the new brackets its not been an issue, its all in the alignment. Here is a picture:

Ryan

What hood are you running with that mondo cooler?

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Junior SCH Member
    What pulley's are you running and what belt size?That would save me a little time.Also how much preload on the strut and what is the torque setting for the bearing mounts?
    Let's Roll....

What pulley's are you running and what belt size?That would save me a little time.Also how much preload on the strut and what is the torque setting for the bearing mounts?
    I ran the 8" and 2.7", I think the belt was 58 or 58.5" Basically you put the bar on and just spread it till it starts to put tension on it. Hand turns only.

I assume you are asking the torque for the bolts that attach the bar to the pulleys. SC is tight you don't want it coming off. So is the crank one. I don't recall there being an exact torque number. You may want to call vortech.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'