Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anyone using the Vortech strut support? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone using the Vortech strut support?

Junior SCH Member
    I just found out the plate that bolts to the crank pulley,that came with this strut support,is for a 6.87 diameter??? I didn't realize they made such a thing.It has the lip that goes inside the pulley and you can tell it's a Vortech part.Has anyone heard of this?
    Let's Roll....

Junior SCH Member
    DO NOT over preload the strut. That's how I found out how expensive the strut bearing are. I just tighten mine to where I can't slip it on and off any more and that's all. When I tore my engine down my front bearings looked great.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manns50
    I just found out the plate that bolts to the crank pulley,that came with this strut support,is for a 6.87 diameter??? I didn't realize they made such a thing.It has the lip that goes inside the pulley and you can tell it's a Vortech part.Has anyone heard of this?
    I wonder if it's for a cog?

Quote Originally Posted by Manns50
    What is the diameter of the inside lip on the plate?

Also the overall diameter.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    I spoke with Vortech,and their guys are not the brightest of the bunch even when speaking of their product,but he thought it was for the 73 tooth cog.So qwickstang,your hunch was right.I'll have to measure the lip and get the dimensions,what sucks is I have to order the 8" pilot and it is $109.....it's always something!
    Let's Roll....

What doesn't make sense it that it is for RENEGADE. They only allow 8 rib setups. I don't think they make different ones. Just one. Could be wrong.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    I believe this is the Mondo version of the strut made for the 73 tooth cog.I ordered the bearings I'm needing and the 8" crank pilot.When I asked him how long,he said it will take 3 or four days to get it pulled and shipped and another four days for shipping....sheesh they are slow.

I measured the lip on the pilot I have and it measured 6".And from the center of one mounting hole to the opposite mounting hole 6 1/2".Anyone need this? I'll sell it cheap?
    Let's Roll....

WOW must be for the cog. Learn something new everyday.

Well that not so expensive strut bar is becoming increasing more $.

That sucks. :weird:

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Junior SCH Member
    I agree,I'll have $300 in it and you can buy a new one on superchargers online for a little over $400.This one will be as good as new,but still not so much a bargain any longer!
    Let's Roll....

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    What hood are you running with that mondo cooler?
    Sorry for the delay, I am running an HO Fibertrends 4" cowl trimmed around the discharge tube and the top of the igloo.

Ryan
    Last edited by Ninesecsnake; 04-14-2005 at 02:28 AM.
    93 Cobra ,10.61 @ 133 1.91 60ft. 306 YS small aftercooler OLD COMBO
    New for this year: AEM,Mondo Igloo,Super Victor Efi,95lbers

Junior SCH Member
    I'd love to see those prices over here in Australia.

The mob that import Vortech gear here want near $1500.00AU for a crank brace set up and another $1700.00AU for a Gilmer (cog) pully set.

I found a guy that does work under his house (making pully systems for a few V8 Supercar race teams) so he knows his ****.

He made both for me for $1500.00AU. His work is perfect.
    I am currently fitting these to my car now.

A new radiator os being made so I can pick up some extra room.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 57JET; 05-02-2005 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Pics arn't showing.

Guess ya have to register on that forum to see the pics ???

Have to say, Im not to fond of that "mob" in Aus either. The gilmer kit they sold me for my LS1 wouldnt even fit.. Certainly it bolted together, but no way on earth was the belt they supplied ever going to work.

Junior SCH Member
    Bump. cause i fixed the pics.

Ohhhh, very nice indeed :)