Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Driver side ysi

Thread: Driver side ysi

Driver side ysi

86-93 MUSTANGS
    New Power By-Pass Kit for Driver Side Renegade Kit
    AF-0129C
    $558.00

just wondering if this is what you need for a driver side setup, cause it seems awful expensive just for a couple tubes.

anyone have a driverside kit picture? id decided on this kit because from what ive read its better on the belts at higher boost levels.

and is this the only thing missing from a d/s kit?

Yup that is it. and yeah $$$$

doesn't look like the mondo bypass that comes with the YSI will fit. Woops i see it now.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I looked at that kit as well when I got my YSi, however I went with the passenger side kit. Don't know why the driver side would be better on belts. What type of pulleys will you be running and what kind of boost? Do you already have the driver side?
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Hey, i hadn't ordered anything yet. just making absolutely sure what i get is what i will need. for starting out with it, i dont want to run more than 12lbs, by november i'd like to be 25lbs+. but i dont want to really running cogs unless i definitely have to. vortech themselves told me the driver side will make more power, so i dont know. i just do not want a regret on a purchase like this since it will be staying on the car.

My understanding of the driverside is the advantage is that the outlet is straight and since it doesn't have to go directly into the bend like on the pass side it has less restriction. But then you now have to flow the air over a much greater distance. I plan to be in the 22-24 psi range this year on a 10 rib setup. I think either way you go you can get it done. Just preferance I think.

I made 20 with mine (passenger) on an 8 rib setup and 2.7" sc pulley. I had a liitle slip issues, but I had a stick and shifted like granny. The blower wanted to make more, but the belt didn't want to. I think now with a 10 rib setup and me running larger SC and crank pullies I will be near the 25 psi mark as well.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

hey thanks for the info, do you happen to know of any other tubing providers for driver side kits. i know anderson isn't the only one.

I called around and found a shop that would custom make the tubing setup. But really didn't save any money. Other than that I don't know of any one.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

ok thank you for all the help, i will post again when i get one here in my hands.

Don't forget if your running a MAF you need to get it and the wiring to the other side some how.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Senior SCH Member
    I have heard from people that the powe difference between the two is much less then 10%. The main thing I like about the driver side mount is that you can get more creative with the power pipe. Overall, I don't you would be dissapointed with either one.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

i can tell you that is is more like 2 percent....
    dale@swillracing

im going with the passenger side unit, since it will bolt on outta the box. thanks evry1

Junior SCH Member
    The driver's side has a belt advantage with the tensioner not being right up at the charger.The charger is on the long side of the belt if that makes sense and belts last longer.
    Let's Roll....

Junior SCH Member
    would the driverside/straight discharge be better for running an intercooler set up?