Thread: I need some info for my sn95 setup

Junior SCH Member

Talking I need some info for my sn95 setup

I have ordered a novi 2000 for my 95 with 331 stroker and h/c/i. I am looking for 450hp at the wheels as this is my daily driver. I live in Arizona so I was looking into various forms of charge cooling. My mechanics said that I should go with an air to air intercooler. So I did. The intercooler is already to be fabbed up but I have some questions. I guess nobody runs intercoolers with novi2000's on 94-95's. My mechanic said they are going to use 2 1/2 inch piping for the intercooler. Is that big enough? I haven't asked them how big the custom powerpipe is going to be but should it be 4 inch piping? Help me understand what it needs. Also, when I get the novi installed should I just install the powerpipe and not worry about the restrictor plate? Should I remove it, and if I do will it void the warranty?

Junior SCH Member
    can't help you but I am sure some one on here can. I added a post to see if you could get me some picks of the intercoller set up. I also have 95 cobra and was thinking of adding one my self. I just need to get an idea were to mount it and the piping

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah no problem. They haven't started the fabrication yet so i will get pics up as soon as they start.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 speedster
    I haven't asked them how big the custom powerpipe is going to be but should it be 4 inch piping? Help me understand what it needs. Also, when I get the novi installed should I just install the powerpipe and not worry about the restrictor plate? Should I remove it, and if I do will it void the warranty?

Yes your power pipe should be 4 inches. I just put on a UPR Power pipe on mine and got rid of the stock set up. As far as I know removing that aluminum restrictor peice that comes w/ the stock piping set up will not void the warranty. I pretty sure that only opening up the head unit or changing the pull voids the warranty.
    Power Adder- Paxton Novi 2000/UPR Power Pipe Injectors- FMS #30's MAF- C&L 76MM TB- Edelbrock 70 MM Intake- 95 Cobra Upper/lower Exhaust- Full Exhaust Magnaflow Cat Back Misc- Romac Ballancer, Tri Ax Shifter Ignition- MSD 6 Guages- Autometer Boost/water temp Appearance- Saleen 351 Spoiler/ Clear Dimond Head lights/ Chrome Steeda Ultra Lite II's