Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Well I FINALLY did it!

Thread: Well I FINALLY did it!

Arrow Well I FINALLY did it!

After lots and lots of thought, hassle, try this try that, and getting myself really pissed off, my 94 GT now effectively has a powerpipe. I emailed UPR a while back about their new BoostMaster pipe, and they said, in their exact words "it will fit PERFECTLY". HAHA HAHAH AHHAHA HAH HA HA HHAHA AHAHAH HA AHAH WHAT A F**KING JOKE!!!!!! HA AHAHAH AHAH HAHAH That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!! HA AHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Anyway, I did it my way and it works rather well. Here's a small quick listing of my necessary modifications (not to say it's the ONLY way to make it work, but this was MY way):

1. Hammered out the opening in the fender to make a little larger, also rolled the lip back a bit

2. Cut off the nipple on the UPR pipe - I don't really need this since the NOVI has fitting that screws into the intake pipe that I can run to my breather

3. Cut approx. 1" off each end of the straight rubber coupler

4. Cut approx 1" off each end of the pipe itself

5. I did not use the supplied Paxton bracket, I drilled a hole up through the bumper mount, and put one of the studs coming out of the back of the air filter through that hole then put the nut on top of it all

6. Ahh good ol spray silicone, what would I have done without it? I used ample amounts of it on the pipe and couplers before sliding them into place.

So, for $149 you get a pipe that fits - if you're willing to go Jesse James on it and make it work. I personally hate UPR. Sorry, I do. They run a rather shady business, and although they do make some great products, they fail miserbly to back them up with good service. Plus charging me $23 for STANDARD UPS GROUND shipping on a damn fuel door is b/s. Off my soap box. Reason for the post is simply to let my fellow 94-95 guys out there know that there is a way. Yeah it takes some work, but it is WAAAAY better than that ridiculously small intake tubing that comes with the Novi2000. Here are my pics:

I know that pic doesn't show how I have the filter mounted to the bumper mount, but you guys get the idea. That baby's gonna flow some serious air! I'm also gonna try to get some thin sheet metal and fab up a cover to cover up the gap between the bottom of the bumper and the inner fender liner - to keep water from getting in.

Well I got my Anderson PMS and low impedance driver all hooked up today so my NOVI should be makin some noise REAL REAL soon!!

you know all these companies act like supercharging just happened overnight!!! i think it is amazing when you spend alot of money on something thats needs something better(blower companies) you would think they would know about airflow,i mean they give you inlet pipes like straws,or drier ducting,not to mention flimsy bracketry,and a plastic tensioner!! come on!! and it's all the companies not just one. ahhh i feel so much better!!! seems like research and testing is out the window for these aftermarket companies these days in favor of production and PROFFIT! cool i'm glad you pulled the magic fab skills out and made it work,now imagine someone that could'nt do that,they would bo SOL. your blower is thanking you for all your effort,and i thank you for letting me vent. things like you went through are very frustrating,but it happens all the time! price you pay for speed :D
    Last edited by blueoval92; 06-20-2004 at 03:08 AM.

thanks a lot! Yes I couldn't agree with you more. These guys are all about the bottom dollar and it's a real shame. They obviously spend a considerable amount of time designing the acutal s/c itself, but it really seems like a lot of these "kits" are just thrown together, with very little (if any) thought given to overall functionality and performance. I know that anything is possible if you've got either the money to pay someone to do it, or the know-how and/or tools/facilities to do it yourself, but it pisses me off because I think every Mustang owner deserves the best when they pay for what they think IS the best! I work at a Ford dealer and my boss gets pissed at me all the time cause whenever someone comes in asking for a Mustang related part I tell them other places they can get it cheaper or better. Who gives a damn what he thinks, it ain't his car! He don't know the struggle!!! :D

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

OMG YOU ARE GOD!!!!!!!!!

Ive been waiting for SOOO long to find someone that has a UPR Power pipe on a 94/95. You are so right about that stock bunk set up that comes w/ the kit, its so restrictive and I know it hurt me alot on the dyno. Everyone Ive found that uses UPR pipes has them for pre 94 stangs. Thanks for posting this, I'll be ordering my UPR pipe soon and then calling Jesse James to get it to fit
    Power Adder- Paxton Novi 2000/UPR Power Pipe Injectors- FMS #30's MAF- C&L 76MM TB- Edelbrock 70 MM Intake- 95 Cobra Upper/lower Exhaust- Full Exhaust Magnaflow Cat Back Misc- Romac Ballancer, Tri Ax Shifter Ignition- MSD 6 Guages- Autometer Boost/water temp Appearance- Saleen 351 Spoiler/ Clear Dimond Head lights/ Chrome Steeda Ultra Lite II's

Quote Originally Posted by mustang20010
    thanks a lot! Yes I couldn't agree with you more. These guys are all about the bottom dollar and it's a real shame. They obviously spend a considerable amount of time designing the acutal s/c itself, but it really seems like a lot of these "kits" are just thrown together, with very little (if any) thought given to overall functionality and performance.

It is sad but you have to spend $3,000 on a blower and another XXXX amount of doallars to get it to preform the way you want. As it is now I need a power pipe, I need a custom burnt chip, and I need to get rid of my flowmaster mufflers before my Paxton is making the power it should ( I Know alot of that has nothing to do w/ paxton but I see your point) That stock set up that comes w/ the kit is a friggin joke, Paxton makes such great blowers why cant they give you a decent air flow set up and whats up w/ that friggin reducer, WTF!!!
    Power Adder- Paxton Novi 2000/UPR Power Pipe Injectors- FMS #30's MAF- C&L 76MM TB- Edelbrock 70 MM Intake- 95 Cobra Upper/lower Exhaust- Full Exhaust Magnaflow Cat Back Misc- Romac Ballancer, Tri Ax Shifter Ignition- MSD 6 Guages- Autometer Boost/water temp Appearance- Saleen 351 Spoiler/ Clear Dimond Head lights/ Chrome Steeda Ultra Lite II's

I wouldn't worry about changin your exhaust unless you flat don't like it.....I was 470+ @ the tires last year and on back to back runs gained nothing by taking off my dump'd 2 chambers. The only reason i'm getting magnaflows is because i'm sick of hearing what i've had for 5 years.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    I wouldn't worry about changin your exhaust unless you flat don't like it.....I was 470+ @ the tires last year and on back to back runs gained nothing by taking off my dump'd 2 chambers. The only reason i'm getting magnaflows is because i'm sick of hearing what i've had for 5 years.
    My 2 chamber flowmasters are choking my paxton more then you realize. My friend dan has a 01 GT w/ a Kenne Bell blower that had flows, he changed to Magnaflows and picked up 20 RWHP on the dyno. Chamberd Mufflers really really suck on a blown car. Ive had my flows for 3 yrs now, Im ready for a change. I know my Paxton can make alot more power then what it did on the dyno, I wasent expecting huge # w/ stock heads and cam but I know my exhaust set up dident help.
    Last edited by RioRedSN95; 06-21-2004 at 05:22 PM.

OMG YOU ARE GOD!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the compliments, but there's only one God.

Yeah I agree that the Flowmasters could, in theory, be a bit restrictive to an extent. I plan on swapping my Flows for some Borlas with dumps. I want to TRY to achieve an exotic, "GT-40ish" sound. I LOVE THAT SOUND!!!

Thanks for the compliments, but there's only one God.

Yeah I agree that the Flowmasters could, in theory, be a bit restrictive to an extent.
    There a little more then ....possibly, maybe, could be a little restrictive. There choking the life out of my Paxton. Did you see in my obove post where my friends car w/ forced induction picked up 20 RWHP on the dyno from switching from Flowmaster to Magnaflows ( stright through design mufflers ). He went from 364 RWHP to 380 + w/ only an exhust change.

oh yeah absolutely they were in that case. I just meant overall. I mean you know some die-hard Flowmaster guys would argue all day about that.

Mufflers with a straight-through design are more ideal for supercharged applications. I'd like to go Bassani, but I can't say I've ever heard a 5.0 car in person knowingly, I mean I may have heard one and not known what it was. Plus Bassani is soooo expensive. Then again their stuff is quite good.
    Last edited by mustang20010; 06-22-2004 at 02:30 PM.

Mufflers with a straight-through design are more ideal for supercharged applications. I'd like to go Bassani, but I can't say I've ever heard a 5.0 car in person knowingly, I mean I may have heard one and not known what it was. Plus Bassani is soooo expensive. Then again their stuff is quite good.

I hate bassani like the plauge, why spend all that money when you can get a stainless steal system like dynomax or magaflow thats alot cheaper and sonds better. Bassani sounds to raspy and dosent have a deep tone, I think they really suck for the amount of money they charge for them.

Ive had my flows for over 3 yrs, there rusted and Im due for a diffrent sound anyway so thats just another reason why I want to change them.

1 vote for magnaflows. :D

I drove an 00 GT with them and they are awesome!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

well I recived my UPR Powerpipe yesterday. Not sure when I'll have the time to get it in though. I have days off next week so I'll try for it then. It will be nice to get that damn reducer out of there, almost like it struggles to make boost at times b/c its hard to force air through that damn thing.

well my last post on this thread was on 8-4-04 from the day I got the power pipe to now when it is finially on the car. I had other issues w/ the car that needed to be addressed so the powerpipe install took a back seat for awhile but its now on there. A friend of mine got it on b/c I was working all week and had no time so I dident see how the process went but from what he said it wasent all that bad. He cut a slightly larger hole in the fender well but after it was installed it wasent really needed. The fit was not as bad as the orginial poster but my situation was diffrent b/c the head unit was off the car at the time so the headers gaskets could be redone ( used RVT this time ). From what I get out of it its alot easyer process to do this if the head unit comes off. Over all he said it wasent that bad getting it on there. If anyone wants pics let me know I'll have some tonight.