Thread: What fuel pump for 8-900rwhp ??

What fuel pump for 8-900rwhp ??

As title. Really I'd like a fuel pump capable of supplying enough fuel for 1000rwhp.

I may never achieve that number, but thats what I want a fuel system capable of, just in case.

I currently have the Aeromotive A1000 + controller. Old model rated at 750bhp efi FI
    Another Aeromotive would be the easiest swap, but quite a few people on various forums dont seem to rate their pumps very well in terms of reliability.
    This is a road car, so reliability is important. I would continue to use the controller with any upgrade.

Weldon make good pumps, but most say they are loud...How loud are they ???
    My A1000 is rubber mounted in my trunk. Its a bit loud, but cannot be heard once engine is running, so I dont have a problem with that.

I'm also considering some Magnafuel efi pumps, but need more info on flow abilities.
    Either this...
    http://www.magnafuel.com/products/efi/pumps/MP-4101.htm
    or this
    http://www.magnafuel.com/products/efi/pumps/MP-4301.htm

I am limited at present to a max of 8 x 75lb injectors ( high impedance ) although currently only have 57lbs, so may need to up the pressure if I ever had serious power, so any pump needs to be able to maintain flow up top due to my injector limitations..

I know all of the above is overkill, and my real goals are to have about 750-800rwhp, but I want to have the spare capacity.

The weldon 2025 should work. Yeah the 2025 is loud, but a very good pump. However, at the track loud shouldn't be an issue. Yet for the street add a dial-a-flow and it allows you to cut power to the pump thus reducing the flow for normal driving and saves the life of the pump. Tjere is a toggle switch to flip between full power and reduced power. There is also a rehostat to pick howmuch power you want going to the pump at reduced power. A nice setup.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Not to worry....

Ive went for 2 Bosch pumps instead... It should actually work out neater than I had though. Too many guys said Aeromotive pumps suck.
    Weldon gets thumbs up for everyone, but the loud thing had me worried...My car is primarily a road car.
    The noise from the rose jointed 4-link is bad enough, without a pump in there too..

I'll stick the Bosch's thru my Aeromotive controller anyway, rather than having both blasting full power all the time.

Hopefully in 4 weeks, it will all be up and running, and making some power.
    I'll be more than happy with low 11's, although with an ideal setup, I should probably be there already.

Sounds good. Tonight I get to put my beast to the test. I am shooting for a good 9 second pass. Hopefully all goes well. You will have a great runner as well when you get it a ironed out.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Good luck! I want to see some numbers on here in the morning!! Tonight is our Mustang shootout too. If the weather holds up, it should be an awesome night! BTW, I will be looking into a similair fuel system like yours next year.
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

Senior SCH Member
    yep, sounds like a job for one of Weldons fine pumps, oh along with one of their controllers if your hit the streets
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's