Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A/SC Trim Progress????

Thread: A/SC Trim Progress????

Junior SCH Member

A/SC Trim Progress????

Hey guys.......This is ZEXY89LX from corral......I just wanted to check with some of you to see how your A/SC trim combos are coming along......Any new #'s or updates on your systems......I recently got my 8 rib set up installed but ended up toasting the belt I bought on ebay............I am running a 3.33/7 inch combo....and it made about 9#s of boost.......I went out an got a new gatorback belt but havent put it on yet......also have an MSD6 BTM on the way............Well, talk to ya later.......

Chris
    1989 Notchback SC Trim

Junior SCH Member
    No updates from me..yet. I'm still trying to get my gauges installed in my spare time. Then off to the dyno. What belt length are you using with the 7" crank pulley?
    '91 GT (Original Owner)
    SC-trim w/ bypass, TFS Street intake, 65 mm FMS TB, 7" crank pulley, Morpheus pipe, 30# FMS injectors, 255 GSS340 Walbro, 3.55's, 1 5/8 shorties, Magnaflow catback

Junior SCH Member
    Well, actualy I think the original belt I got on ebay was from an s trim for the 6.87 crank pulley and the belt was 54.5 inches it was really tight......I almost had to take the Supercharger pulley off to get it on......The new belt I got is 55 inches......it should be perfect for the 3.33/7 inch setup......By the way I ended up needing a waterpump pulley from a 93 Cobra due to clearance issues with the supercharger belt.......but that was with an 8 rib set up......Just something else you might want to think about picking up.....they are about 22 bucks.....from Ford.....

Later,
    Chris
    1989 Notchback SC Trim

Junior SCH Member
    Cool dude. Glad you got the wp pulley clearance issues resolved. Forgot to ask previously, but was the 9# with a powerpipe ? Also, is the 55" belt able give you enough slack to to use one of those bolt on belt tensioners that screws into the compressor body?

Thanks,

John
    '91 GT (Original Owner)
    SC-trim w/ bypass, TFS Street intake, 65 mm FMS TB, 7" crank pulley, Morpheus pipe, 30# FMS injectors, 255 GSS340 Walbro, 3.55's, 1 5/8 shorties, Magnaflow catback

Junior SCH Member
    Well John......

I have a homemade powerpipe......made from 3 inch PVC.....I don't think it really helped though......before the 7 inch pulley I saw 6# with and without the homemade deal.....Maybe when the weather gets hotter I will notice a difference....??? I have the stock vortech tensioner right now.......the 54.5 inch belt worked but was hard to get on......the 55 should be just right with the stock vortech tensioner......8 rib........one thing to note.....the 6 rib tensioner is 3.5 inches and the 8 rib is only 3 inches......Not sure if you need more belt or not to use the bolt on tensioner...?????....Maybe it wont matter on the belt length....doesnt that thing just tighten the belt and you use the existing three bolts to hold the tensioner in place......???? I dont know i have only seen a few pics......Oh yea.......my next thing is probably gonna be the new Morpheous pipe!!!! Hearing lots of good things.....

Later,
    Chris
    1989 Notchback SC Trim

Junior SCH Member
    Hmmm. I would think you would see a bigger relative difference in cooler weather. I dunno. The key to the powerpipe philosophy is to reduce frictional losses in the intake side of the compressor. That means minimizing short radius bends, creating smooth internal transitions, having smooth internal walls, and having a bigger diameter tube. It's also good to insulate the pipe from heat to keep the air inside as cool and dense as possible.

Damn. Can't wait to receive and install my 7" ASP crank pulley too. 3 extra lbs boost is pretty good for like $130. Actually, a little more with the price of a new belt also.

Ahh. Those belt tensioners (like the AFM and slew of homemade ones) bolt into a tapped hole on the blower body near the tensioner pulley/bracket equipment. I think if the belt were too short, the tensioner pulley/bracket would have to be adjusted counterclockwise to account for the lesser slack in the belt, which could block the tapped hole - thus not allowing the bolt-on screw tensioner thingy to be installed. I may have to go with say a 55-1/2" or so with my 3.33/7 6-rib setup.

Well, I may just have to get a Morpheus pipe too! Can't beat the price.

Are you gonna put her on the dyno after you install the rest of your stuff?
    '91 GT (Original Owner)

Junior SCH Member
    Yea im gonna try to put it on the dyno......I was talking to the guy who owns the shop I go to.....He said it would be alot better to ditch the FMU and go with the matched MAF and injectors......its alot easier for him to tune that way........But I would like to just get some #s for others to see what the ol SC can do.........Hopefully I wont be disappointed.........I will definately have some track times for everybody when the weather breaks.........

Later,
    Chris
    1989 Notchback SC Trim

Junior SCH Member
    Baker, where did you get your WP pulley for 20 bucks!! I work for ford and it cost me $31 for a stock water pump pulley!! That was 10% above cost. You must have a hookup. Other then that, where did you order your BTM from? I'm in the market for one and wanted to get the best deal on it. Thanks!

PS - what kinda power are you making with just the SC? Any track times? Later

Junior SCH Member
    Hey Hotpony.....

I got the WP pulley from Ford......I had to call around ....nobody had it in stock...but they were all selling it for like 22 bucks....Got the BTM from Jegs.....but there are like 5 on ebay right now.....do a search using the keyword "vortech" No track times or dyno as of yet......track opens at the end of march here in Virginia......I will let you guys know as soon as I can.....If they are good times of course....LOL......

Later,
    Chris
    1989 Notchback SC Trim