Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey whats up?

Junior SCH Member

Hey whats up?

Hey everybody whats up? Looks like the Sportcompact guys are far and few between. Just Thought i would register because i just purchased a Vortech Supercharger for my 2000 honda civic si and we are installing it this weekend. Thought I might need some help installing. Thanks, hope to get to know some of you all.

Welcome, I know there are a few civic si owners on here, hopefully a few will chime in when you have a question.

good luck with the install and welcome! im sure it will give a kick in the *** to you once its running. please post some progress pics for future people who may get one. if you can of course.

Junior SCH Member
    I will i will keep everybody updated. We are going to start it either Saturday or on Monday.

ttt are you going to dyno it when you're finished? I'd like to see how that runs.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah i plan on getting it tuned and dynoed when we get it finished. Ill post everything up in here.

Junior SCH Member
    Well got little more then half way done. We got the S/C on and the shaft and the pullies, the oil lines ran the water box on, water cooler on, and coolant resevior (sp?) relocated. I believe thats about it. But everything is starting to come together.

Junior SCH Member
    Well got it all together and running!!! I got it tuned this weekend, so everything seems to be lined out. I love the kit. Its amazing on up in the rpms. I am glad that i picked Vortech!!! The BOV just sits everything off man it sounds awesome. Its a very smooth transtion when the charger builds its boost. I hope to go to the track or maybe the dyno this weekend, i guess will see, money is a little tight so i dont know what i will do.

Cool! I wanna see what kind of numbers it makes.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Junior SCH Member
    Ill post some as soon as i can get some.

Cool. I'd like to see this site become more diverse.

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah that would be nice. I noticed it was a little one sided! hahaha I should be putting down anywhere from 230-250 hp and running mid to high 13's, HOPEFULLY!!! lol

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000redsi
    Yeah that would be nice. I noticed it was a little one sided! hahaha I should be putting down anywhere from 230-250 hp and running mid to high 13's, HOPEFULLY!!! lol
    I have a 2000 Si with a Vortech Aftercooled system, and as far as horsepower numbers it all depends on the brand and model of dyno. I dyno'd mine on a Mustang Dyno and came up with 260 hp at the wheels. A Dynojet gives fictitious amounts. Good luck with your numbers!

Don't be inhibited from posting just because there are a lot of mustang guys on here, there are those of us interested in all kinds of cars. Mustangs are just popular to put superchargers on just because there are so many kits on the market for them. But its good to see a change and a more diverse group on here.

Junior SCH Member
    Nice to have another Si owner on here. What is your setup your running? Your right Chris diverse is good.