Thread: ys-trim driver side air to air intercooled

Junior SCH Member

ys-trim driver side air to air intercooled

I was just wondering if anyones ever done or seen a driver side ys-trim air to air intercooled?I've been thinking about doing that combo.I would love to see some
    picture If any has any.

thanks
    ck

I think thats a great Idea! I've thought of this myself and I just couldn't find a used YS or Novi 2000 drivers side setup when I was ready to buy. I don't think It's a complicated setup personally and if you decide to try it, it'd be great for you to take lots of pics and post them here. You could have a BOV, by the headunit, vented which i think is an advantage. I always thought a T-trim or a Novi 2000 would be great for this.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    regattacoupe,

Thanks for the reply.I guess not alot of people run or have seen a setup like this using a driver side ys-trim!

Thanks
    ck

Most coolers aren't capable of the flow requirements of the YS, YSi or Novi 2000 blowers. You'd need something like the big Mondo Cooler or a custom setup. There may be some out there??

Doesn't make sense to put a blower that flows like 1200-1600 cfm in front of an air to air intercooler that is only capable of like 800-1000cfm's.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Most coolers aren't capable of the flow requirements of the YS, YSi or Novi 2000 blowers. You'd need something like the big Mondo Cooler or a custom setup. There may be some out there??

Doesn't make sense to put a blower that flows like 1200-1600 cfm in front of an air to air intercooler that is only capable of like 800-1000cfm's.

blownby,
    procharger sale their f1r(1300hp/2000cfm)&d1r(1200hp/2000cfm)head units with kits that have air to air intercoolers? they also sell air to air intercoolers that support up to 1500HP?I'm not looking to run the ys-trim to it's max,I also want to drive it on the street a little. Thanks for any more help or knowlege on this topic.

ck
    Last edited by thesneak11; 04-06-2005 at 12:29 AM.

I am not familiar with the procharger stuff, but we have a buddy that pretty sure runs an F1r and he has one jigundus cooler. Like I said as long as it is good for the flow requirement then it is fine.

****, the mondo is capable of flowing like 2500 cfm's. Way more than the YSi's 1600 cfm. But if you not pushing the blower hard it should be making a nice dense charge.

Again, just some input take it for what it's worth.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Quote Originally Posted by thesneak11
    I was just wondering if anyones ever done or seen a driver side ys-trim air to air intercooled?I've been thinking about doing that combo.I would love to see some
    picture If any has any.

thanks
    ck
    Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good idea. Just if your not spinning the blower real hard it is probably not worth the money.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Junior SCH Member
    the cooler charge will definatly help in the tuning as far as more timing and fuel, therefore you may not have to spin the blower as hard to make the same amount or more horsepower.