Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What Blow Off Valve to use?

Thread: What Blow Off Valve to use?

Junior SCH Member

What Blow Off Valve to use?

I will be running a VR4 on my Dakota and need to know what would be the best blow off valve to use? I don't mean the most expensive either. I am looking for one under $100, So with that in mind let me know.
    98 Dodge Dakota 406ci Supercharged Stroker on Juice :D

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastrike1
    I will be running a VR4 on my Dakota and need to know what would be the best blow off valve to use? I don't mean the most expensive either. I am looking for one under $100, So with that in mind let me know.
    Use any one of the innumerable Bosch styles for tc Euro cars. The ones for the Audi TT and such have the highest ratings, handling 15+ psi. It's really about having enough flow so you don't get boost creep and that's gonna depend on how much air you want to move.

Check Ebay for "Bosch blow off valve" or some such and you come up with a few.

If you're only running 5-7 psi, I wouldn't bother, as the adjustment to driving technique is minimal. Higher than that and the effect is more noticeable.

F=MA

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I have had no problem with the Bosch $59 unit even at 15psi. With the VR4 you will notice a huge difference with your part throttle response using a BOV. I even noticed a difference on my Mustang at idle with F.I.

Junior SCH Member
    I will get me a Bosch blow off valve then. I should get my VR4 on Wednesday, so I will need a BOV.
    Thanks for the Help.
    Michael

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Mine is leaking, when I manualy raise the trottle with 1 hand and feel with the other hand air leaking out of the Bosch bov.
    So I am looking for something else.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement pounde
    Mine is leaking, when I manualy raise the trottle with 1 hand and feel with the other hand air leaking out of the Bosch bov.
    So I am looking for something else.
    Thanks for the information on the Bosch. I found another brand I am getting off of ebay. I will keep yall posted on it.

Air should leak out when you rev the engine since it is open. The valve only closes during boost in which the pressure closes the valve.

Junior SCH Member
    I bought this valve for $86 shipped.

Adjustable Blow Off Valve Up to 30PSI

This new blow off valve is adjustable from 6-30PSI. You just turn the bolt on the top of the BOV to adjust where the valve blows out the swoooosh.

This is CNC machined, and totally polished to look perfect.

I think I am going to machine off the horn end, hook up a length of hose on to the discharge of the BOV and run it out the passenger side of the Truck. :D
    Last edited by fastrike1; 04-05-2005 at 10:04 PM.

Thats a good price.
    I myself would go with that also, I just would need to send the air back across my MAF to let my car function correctly but that is at least $100 less than what I have found in the past.

Junior SCH Member
    I just received a Paxton BOV I got on ebay for 115.00 It is the bigger one that offer. I am running a VR4 on a 347 @ 12PSI any thought on how this BOV will be with this combo. I am still kinda new at the supercharger thing. Thanks for any help.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    Thats a good price.
    I myself would go with that also, I just would need to send the air back across my MAF to let my car function correctly but that is at least $100 less than what I have found in the past.
    Yeah, It looked like a good deal, so I bought it. I am glad I don't have a MAF.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfast5.0
    I just received a Paxton BOV I got on ebay for 115.00 It is the bigger one that offer. I am running a VR4 on a 347 @ 12PSI any thought on how this BOV will be with this combo. I am still kinda new at the supercharger thing. Thanks for any help.
    I am sure Speedy can help you with this one....