Thread: 10 rib question?

Senior SCH Member

10 rib question?

i am running a 335 stroker with t trim. with the cogs it was pullied to 18lbs. of course, the belts dont really last to long and i am tired of replacing them.

i recently purchased a 10 rib kit. it has a 7 inch crank and a 2.80 blower pulley. i also purchased a 2.50 and 2.75 from ian.

now i am wondering what kind of boost i will see with the 7/2.75 pulleys.

for racing i will probably go back to cogs but street use will be the 10 rib most of the time.

i know i should get an 8 inch crank pulley but at the present time i just cant afford it yet. and i am not sure it will clear my cobra water pump pulley.

thanks for any help.

What pullies did you have before and what kind of boost?
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Senior SCH Member
    i was running a 74/32 for the 18lbs boost. they are from asp racing 30mm belts.

i have a 74/28 on there right now. but they are coming off as the motor is going back in the car this weekend. had to replace the oil pump cause it broke off the motor.
    thank heaven for synthetic oil..they saved the bearings.

According to the spreadsheet in our General Tech section, your Cog pulley set-up resulted in an impellar speed of 46,273 RPM's, the 7" and 2.80" combo will result in 51,750 RPM's both were figured at a conservative 6k RPM engine speed.

So with that said, I doubt that you'll lose anything by swapping considering that you don't experience a shitload of belt slip.

BTW- here's the link to the spreadsheet that calc's the impellar speed....

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/atta...tachmentid=686
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    from what i see i wouldn't waste time with a 7 inch pulley....run 8 inch with larger blower pulley.......less b.s. with belt slip
    1993 LX Hatchback
    408, Canfield Heads, Trick Flow Intake, Ys trim, Gen 7, PA-Super Leaker C-4,3.27 diff, 83lbs inj,kooks 2" into 3.5 collectors, Dr. gas 3" X pipe,Bassani 3" cat back,Second Street Speed Twin in-tank Bosch,Solid roller cam,Jesel Shaft mount rockers,VP C-16,Mallory HyFire667c

10 # 10 rib TKO=625 rwhp
    17 # COG C-4=650 rwhp
    NEW SETUP(porting and valvetrain mods)
    18 # COG C-4=725 rwhp
    ...about my horsepower curve...well there isn't any curve....kinda straight up...then straight across...hahaha
    1 gallon VP C-16 $8.50
    1 supercharger COG belt $110
    Smoking the tires from a 100mph roll $PRICELESS

Senior SCH Member
    to late for me right now, i bought the 7 inch already. i could see where the 8 inch crank could hit on my cobra water pump pulley. i am not running a electric one.
    what is everyone elses experience with the 8 inch crank clearing the water pump.

Senior SCH Member
    to late for me right now, i bought the 7 inch already. i could see where the 8 inch crank could hit on my cobra water pump pulley. i am not running a electric one.
    what is everyone elses experience with the 8 inch crank clearing the water pump.

I'll have info on the 8" 10 rib, and waterpump clearance for a stock wp pulley shortly. I don't think it would be a problem if Vortech did thier homework eh?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D