Thread: 1K single belt boost pulley ?

Junior SCH Member

1K single belt boost pulley ?

Ok Guys I have a 1k single belt setup on my 91 gt.

As of right now it has an F150 crank pulley and a stock blower pulley, and a boostmaster Powerpipe. I see about 8 psi on warm 80* days. And 9psi almost 10 psi on cold mornings 30*.

Looking to get it close to 11-12 what pulley combo should I go with??

I would like to keep the crank pully at the 6.5inch F-150 if I can and just go with a smaller blower pully but witch one and where can I get one????

I believe the 2.75" blower pulley is the lowest you want to go. There used to be a thread that showed you would turn max blower rpms at around 6000 rpms on the engine. I think I bought mine off of superchargersonline.com but not really sure. Make sure you don't get the vortec pulley because they only have a single key and the paxton has a dual.
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)

I'd go bigger on the crank pulley if you can afford to geno. A 3" is a small pulley to begin with and a 2.75 is just asking for belt slip. Maybe get a true 7" crank from asp?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I agree, I constantly fight belt slip with my setup. With a bigger blower pulley you'll be less prone to belt slip. The f-150 pulley is the cheapo route to boost. Then again, I guess the 1k instead of the 2k was the cheapo route. <kicks himself again for not buying 2k>
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)