Thread: water/methanal injection

Junior SCH Member

water/methanal injection

The last time I had my car dynoed I was told about water/ methanal injection. Is this a good idea for my SN93? I was reading in MM&FF 6-04. From what I can see there is no negatives to this setup. What do you guys/and or girls think?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Works great but remember it does nothing till your above 5psi and it only builds more power if you have a Tuning Device(Tweecer,PMS,Etc.) to increase your timing and change your fuel curve.

Senior SCH Member
    There are no negatives. It beats any interheater out there, especially on cost and packaging. You'd be astounded how much you can screw up the boost using ADI. This was all well and truly figured out in the '40s, by real engineers who tested in the real world.

As Speed says, make sure you have the capability to take advantage of the ADI. You must be able to raise the boost level, change timing, and optimise the fuel or there isn't nearly the benefit.

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    So this sounds like a good idea. Maybe I can turn up the timming also 2 degres at a time for best performance.And how much horsepower can a stock block 302 take?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    600hp seems to be the max. if street driven. Drag probably 550hp. I am around 525hp, 470hp at the wheels. Not much going to touch you on the street what I am running and my car is faster on the street than at the strip. With a Drag Radial that would change but over 400whp is a lot of power.
    I am going to a Snow Performance Water/Meth injection so I can lower my top end boost number to save the Ball Drive and I will be adding another 10degrees of timing at WOT at 8psi. This will give me the same horsepower as when I was running 12psi and will be spinning the blower slower to do it.