Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
got a 94 yukon 350tbi need help with paxton sn93.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got a 94 yukon 350tbi need help with paxton sn93.

Junior SCH Member

got a 94 yukon 350tbi need help with paxton sn93.

need any info anyone has about installing a paxton sn93 on a 350 tbi.i just bought this s/c off of ebay and dont know what i need the guy is sending everything i will need to just bolt on nothing more no injectors or anything is there any way i can run this without doing anything else????any help would be greatly appriciated...thanks.... any knowledge at all....

Senior SCH Member
    It'll be fine, as long as it was intended for this application and comes with the FMU, which will take care of the fuel side.

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F=MA
    It'll be fine, as long as it was intended for this application and comes with the FMU, which will take care of the fuel side.

F=MA
    yeah but he isnt sending me that he is just sending me the supercharger and pulleys and brackets. nothing else. i didnt know if i could just run the s/c with no mods or if i had to get an inline fuel pump and be ok...

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Being that it is a TBI truck you will need something for more fuel. I will check but I was thinking that unit had a secondary fuel injector setup since you can't use a FMU with a TBI setup. Is he sending you the piping kit? I also think that it used a secondary computer also.

Junior SCH Member
    i beleive he is sending the piping...but that would be it...

Well I hope he sends you directions so that you will have parts numbers for the missing parts so you can post or hunt on Ebay for the parts that are missing.

Junior SCH Member
    i dont beleive he is sending directions...he said he will take pics and write directions on the back of them...so i will prolly be lost doing this...

If he is removing it from the truck then sending it you should be ok then. I was worried about the fuel management parts but since he is removing and taking pictures you should be ok. What city/state are you from and maybe someone close from the board can help you.

Junior SCH Member
    im from nescopeck pennsylvania..

Junior SCH Member
    no one has anything else to say or anymore info for me...does anyone think i can just bolt this on and drive or not...will i have to get an inline fuel pump?

When you get the parts take pictures and I can probably tell what you need if anything. The bracket will be easy I am just concerned with the fuel system since it is a TBI which is a low pressure setup not like a EFI which is high pressure.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Perhaps I can help,
    I am not close by(Netherland) but I instaled my Sn93 to my 454SS tbi truck and the kit came with a bigger intank fuelpump, and a different trottleshaft for the tbi to prevent fuel leaking along the shaft, but mounting an O ring at the shaft works good to.
    I know Vortech uses a spacer below the tbi with 2 injectors + seperate computer, I am using that to but that's becouse I upgraded the SN93 to a VR4 that has more boost.
    You can also use a Jet adjustable fuel pressure regulator that is made for the tbi
    see: http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...32&prmenbr=361
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    now do you think i will be able to run this supercharger with just that jet adjustable fuel pressure regulator or will i need that extra comp. and throttle plate and bigger fuel pump,, and what do you mean a dif throttle shaft what leaking would i get??..i just went out and bought a aeromotive rising rate regulator thinking that would work but im not sure if it will. if not i will take that back and get that jet regulator
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement pounde
    Perhaps I can help,
    I am not close by(Netherland) but I instaled my Sn93 to my 454SS tbi truck and the kit came with a bigger intank fuelpump, and a different trottleshaft for the tbi to prevent fuel leaking along the shaft, but mounting an O ring at the shaft works good to.
    I know Vortech uses a spacer below the tbi with 2 injectors + seperate computer, I am using that to but that's becouse I upgraded the SN93 to a VR4 that has more boost.
    You can also use a Jet adjustable fuel pressure regulator that is made for the tbi
    see: http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...32&prmenbr=361
    Last edited by yukongt; 05-03-2005 at 07:59 PM.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    For your smallblock I dont really think you need a extra injector plate but you do need more fuel.
    I don't know if the guy gives you a fuelpump, but if he doesent then I recoment replacing your stock intank pump for a bigger one.
    Your tbi has a fuel pressure regulator on the rear side that is set on a surtain pressure you can ditch that one and cover up the hole with a plate.
    The stock regulator contols the pressure of the returnline but instead of that you can use the aeromotive rising rate regulator and put that in the feeding fuelline to the tbi on a place so you can easy adjust the pressure that you like.
    Me myself have used the Jet regulator, but to adjust the pressure I had to take of the top part of the tbi every time, that was driving me nuts, so now I have a vacuum reffered fuel pressure regulator
    More info on this regulator here:
    http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/faq/tbi_fp.html
    http://www.top-downsolutions.com/pro...roducts_id=100

I have a Walbro hp 255 lp/h intank pump that could work for you as well:
    http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/ this is what I have: <A href="javascript:popUp('../pics/hp255lph.jpg', '_flow','625','450')">High-Pressure 255 ltr/hr pumpF20000169 - $105
    And if that is not enough you can replace your fuel filter for a high flow type like the Corvette lt1 uses.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    ok i got the supercharger and installed it with running my stock fuel setup just because i was siked. but the supercharger is working great the only thing is im loosing boost and the throttlebody it is leaking all around were the snout sits on the tbi i had to buy a spacer because the snout was hitting my inj. so i bout one at a&a i dont know if there is a specific one for these to hold boost or not if you have any suggestions please anyone feel free to inform me... i need to learn about these this is my first s/c.