Thread: need a little info and help!!!

Junior SCH Member

need a little info and help!!!

i have a 1990 stang vortech kit, i have a few questions mayb someone can answer for me and give me a hand....

1. the tube that comes from the top of your throttle body to your oil filler tube, what do i need to do with it, the kit came with a inline filter and hose, where do i need to put that, i also have a k&n filter in place of my oil cap now i was told to get the also... i had to change heads and now i forgot where it all goes.

i have the tube off the top pf my throttle body capped off and a cap on the side of the oil tube with just my filter in place of oil cap, but i have a real hard spot in the gas pedal. i uncapped the throttle body tube and the gas pedal works great but i dont think something it rite.

3. how can i tell what trim my kit is?

any info would be great i am new to this....thanks jimmy cook
    Jimmy Cook

1990 Mustang GT
    K&N Air Filter, Pro-M 80mm MAF Calib. for S/C w/42lbs Injectors, AFM Power Pipe, Vortech S-Trim, 6.67" 8rib Crank Pulley, 2.75" Supercharger Pulley, PSI unknown as of now, BBK 75MM TB, GT-40 Tubular Upper & Lower Intake, 1" Trick Flow Spacer, 42lb FMS Injectors, BBK Adj. FPR, BBK 255lph fuel pump Intank, Stock GT-40P 302 Roller shortblock, Ford Racing X303 Heads, Cometic head gaskets, Crane 2031 Cam, Crane 1.72 Roller Rockers. BBK 1 5/8 Shorty Equal Headers, BBK X-Pipe w/o cats, 2 Chamber Flowmasters, '04 PMS, 3-Bar Map, InterACQ, UEGO 2000 Wideband Kit, MSD 6BTM box/Accel Super Coil, HD King Cobra Clutch, World Class HD T-5, PRO 5.0 Shifter, FRPP Alum. Driveshaft, Posi 3.73 gears, Lakewood Lift Bars, Complete Poly Bushing kit, Weld-in sub-connectors, Nitto 555R tires

Senior SCH Member
    Removing the oil filler to TB & plugging the TB is correct..The filter is used between the oil filler nipple(2 remove pressure) and the black Vortech air filter box to create a vacuum & assist in removing crank pressure..Not necessary, especially since u have a filter on the oil fill tube.Most folks don't use the black filter box either, instead they put the mass air & filter in the fender well...u can call Vortech w/the serial# and they can tell u what the SC was manfactured as or if there has been any upgrades by them...

The hose that Vortech has you install between the oil filler neck and the black air filter shroud is to allow air INTO the crankcase (inlet) which is drawn through the PCV by manifold vaccuum (outlet). This ventilates the crankcase. In stock trim the small hose that goes from the TB area to the filler neck admits METERED air into the crankcase and eventually the engine through the PCV. The Vortech setup as described above or a breathable filler cap both allow UNMETERED air to enter the crankcase and eventually the engine throught the PCV. Because this is a relatively small amount of unmetered air it doesn't hurt as the Vortech kits in stock trim are tuned pretty rich.

Jason