Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rubbing hood

Senior SCH Member

rubbing hood

i have a 4inch cowl hood .fiberglass,,,and now the novi 1000 is rubbing it ...sounds like crap....and of you guys have this problem,,i raised the adjusting screws in the front and tried simming up the hinges still no luck

Did you clock the blower?

You have to loosen the bolts around the case and push down to move it away from the hood.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    didnt know i could move it once the bolts were tighned down. imean i thought the holes are made for one spot ....can you give me a hint on how to do it with out messing anything up...thanks

To be honest I dont know if you can clock the blower while its on the car.

If you look at the front of the blower you will see some little gold tabs shaped like triangles with small bolts going through them i think the heads are 7/16.

if you loosen them you will be able to rotate the outlet of the blower.

The blower is two halves that are a machined fit so it can be a little tight to turn.

I do not think you will be able to do it with the head unit on the car though as some of the bolts are very hard to get at.

I may be wrong take a good look at it and be careful not to loose any of the bolts.

There should be more replys on this everyone with a mustang should of had this problem but alot of us knew about it before we tighten anything down.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Can't do it with it in the car, there's 2 bolts on the underside that are unaccessable with the assembly in the car. Hate to tell ya, but you'll have to remove the head unit to clock it.

Senior SCH Member
    do you know how far to move it..since the bottom has that oil return feed going to the opil pan..and its pretty close now...so how far can you move it....just take a guess...i know that you cant see my application but you know what i mean...thanks

Move it as far as you can. Mine moved a couple inches. It doesn't sound like much but it makes all the difference in the world. Before I clocked the blower, my hood wouldn't come close to closing. After, it closes without a problem!

clocking the blower will not have any ill-effect on the oil return as the oil return will not move when you clock the blower. You'll see what I mean when ya do it.

Senior SCH Member
    i guess as for how far to move it vairies on every car huh...did you have to clock yours? if so how far did you clock it?

Mine rotated about an inch or so.

Senior SCH Member
    so this is a common problem ...most have to clock it when it comes right out of the box right? looks that way...

Yea I think most people have to clock their blower. Just clock it as far as you can and it should clear your hood no problem.

Senior SCH Member
    can you give me any tips on how to do it without messing the head up..like using wd-40? oil to make the adjustment easier or just use elbow grease? thanks

just loosen those bolts that are holding the gold triangle things, then just clock the discharge of the blower. You don't need WD-40 or even any elbow grease. It moves very easily.

Senior SCH Member
    thank you my gut dont feel so bad now...but mine are a aluminum cloror..i guess those are the same thing lol