Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rubbing hood

I had to clock mine. Kinda tuff to get my 2k to budge! Kelly at paxton said you can't hurt anything clocking the blower, so don't be shy. It's kinda like foolin around with a girl for the first time. Neither one of you know what to do, but once you get used to it everything gets real easy and alot more fun. :)

Brandon

Senior SCH Member
    nice way of putting it....kinda scarey messing with it..after all it is 7 days old...lol..my son thought it was funny when he was pissed at me for something and pried the knob off that says void warranty if remover =(...but the bolt hasnt been touched,oh well guess im screwed there

Senior SCH Member
    worked like a charm..not hard at all and now i dont get that nasty noise it makes when it rubs the hood at a light...lol...thanks guys...i also put a oil breather on the fill on the valve cover...and siliconed my pvc vlve in the retainer...hope this helps....got a 255 fuel pump on the way =)... and a 6.5 crank pulley from an f-150....im going to go honda hunting =)~

Glad it worked out for ya!! Seeing as someone was kind enuf to remove the "do not remove" cap, may as well throw a smaller pulley on there, lol.

Senior SCH Member
    thats what i was thinking about doing lol...will the alternator pulley the kit comes with fit on the s/c ? same amount of ribs on it..let me know what you think =)

Have no clue if that'll work, maybe someone else can chime in.

LOL I would have to say no, if you could ASP would be out of business, and every bone yard in the world would be out of alternator pulleys :p

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    what kind of pully can you put on the head itself? and where can you get it,,,what size is it?