Thread: One Problem Fixed, now Another !

SCH Member

One Problem Fixed, now Another !

Whats up guys, a while back I posted a problem about my car loosing boost and it ended up being the bypass valve like you guys mentioned, thank you.. Now I have another problem, after the install my car is acting like theres a vacuum leak.. We replaced everything the same way the old set was just made it a little bit bigger.. Any ideas ?? Car idle's great as soon as you give it a little gas it hesitates then goes, it like putters like putt putt putt then goes .. Any ideas ??

SCH Member
    ttt

Senior SCH Member
    Did you switch injectors? Is your MAF correctly calibrated? try clocking it to see if that helps out. your question is not very clear, do you mean it hesitates of idle?

What is your vac @ idle?

Ian

SCH Member
    i talked to vortech they said the vacuum nipple on the race bypass valve is the same size as the stock bosch which is hard to beleive.. They said that could be the problem why my computer is pulling up a code.. Im going to switch that out tonight an see what happends.. But yeah, didnt hook up a gauge or anything but we checked for vacuum pressure an there was.. It hesitates when you touch the peddle like it has a lag in the throttle response.. If swapping out vacuum lines back to whatever they suggest doesnt work im pulling the codes an im takin it from there.. I was seeing if anyone experienced this problem before..

SCH Member
    All i changed out was the bypass valve and enlarging the vacuum line to a 1/4" ..