Thread: D-1 noise? and rebuild questions.

Junior SCH Member

D-1 noise? and rebuild questions.

I have a D-1 and if i spin the pulley by hand it seems noisy. I had a reputable mechanic look at it and he said it sounds like a bearing going south. The p600b I had was not near as noisy when spinning it by hand and sounded much smoother.

My question is are D-1's just noisy or do you think i could have a problem.
    I guess we could crack it open and look. Has anyone rebuilt one of these? Anyone have the seal and bearing #'s?

Also you can grab the pulley by hand and pull it out about an 1/8" to 1/4". Is that normal?

Thanks for any help.
    Travis

SCH Member
    I geuss the in and out movement is normal! I called procharger about mine because I have about 3/16 and they said its O.K. They said they have seen even more movement. It doesent do much for keeping the belt on, I can tell you that. There is minimal noise out of mine when spun by hand, if I remember right. Ill look tomarrow. I dont think you can get bearing or seals from any one but procharger. If I could I sure would like to know about it. I woul think someone like bearing and drives or motion industries could get bearings though. I dont know the numbers so I've never checked.

Junior SCH Member
    Well i feel a little better about the in and out movement...but the noise while spinning it worries me. Let me know what you find out about the noise on yours.

Thanks

Junior SCH Member
    If it sound kind of like a gravel grinder sound i think that is normal. I had a daily driver d-1b for 2 yrs and it always sounded that way as you discribed. I never had 1 problem with it other than some bracket flex but that's another issue. The guy I sold it to 2 yrs ago is still going strong with it also.
    93 vibrant GT, 306, iron gt40 heads, edelbrock intake, E303, c&l maf, 36# injectors, D-1B procharger, tremec 3550, spec stage 3. 445rwhp 450tq. SOLD

03 cobra, 2.8 pulley, magnaflow x-pipe and exhaust, RWTD predator tune, 463 RWHP,479 tq.