Thread: sn93 unit for 94-95 stang

Junior SCH Member

sn93 unit for 94-95 stang

I just purchased a sn93 complete kit with brackets, discharge tube, and FMU. Can I make this kit made for the 94-95 model mustang work with my 87 notch with a 4" cowl hood and with a 93 shortblock??? If so what do I have to do to make it fit right the first time. Will this head unit work with the novi 2000 bracket kit??? Thanks alot in advance.

Matt

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The bracket system is different for the 87-93. The brackets from any of the SN series will work but not the Novi 1000-2000. 94-95 are totally different.

Junior SCH Member
    Do you know anybody who might be selling some 87-93 brackets? And how good is this unit the pulley is kinda hard to turn but once you get it going it is smooth?

Thanks alot,

Matt

Junior SCH Member
    What kinda power should I expect from a 302 with 9.5:1 comp, Holley systemax upper and lower with matching heads, matching cam, and the sn93 unit with stock pulley I believe. It's going in a 87 notch with rear seat delete no A/C and no smog.

60-80 additional horsepower at 5psi. Post what you need in the classifieds and you will need to make some changes to everything since you don't have A/C or Smog. Do you have the Smog delete pulley?

Junior SCH Member
    What kinda changes do I need to make? Here is a picture of what I have. If I cant get this kit to work on my 87 I will sell this kit and get another one made for my model year. What do I need to do to make the 94-95 kit fit on my 87 with no smog or A/C?

Thanks alot,

Matt
    Last edited by 87coupe; 05-11-2005 at 04:32 PM.

You need the front and rear bracket assy and the lower pulley. You will have problems with the main belt hitting the water pump pulley with no air condition and did you move the power steering up to the air condition location?

Junior SCH Member
    no I dont have the power stearing relocated to the A/C. Do I need to do this? I also have the small underdrive pulley I know I cant use that. So now I have to buy the front and rear brckt assy, lower pulley, smog eliminator kit, move my power stearing to the A/C, ditch my underdrive pulley, and get a stock pulley? Is that it hahaha this is turning into a big mess.

I rarely say this but Give Up. You will be so upside down on cost your better off selling the unit and getting the correct kit. Take pictures under your hood because your main tensioner moves, I am just wondering how you can keep your main belt under tension.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks alot Speedytang, but im just going to sell the kit, it is listed in the classifieds. I am just going to get a kit designed for my car.

Even with the correct kit they are made for a air pump and air condition. Air Pump delete kit will work on the supercharger bracket but you will still have a problem with the other so do a search it has been about 1-1.5 years ago others came up with a fix when using the Novi1000-2000 which you can use on the 'SN' also.