Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Guy...Questions NOVI 1000 on a 4.6

Thread: New Guy...Questions NOVI 1000 on a 4.6

SCH Member

New Guy...Questions NOVI 1000 on a 4.6

I will be purchasing a supercharger before next racing season and have been REALLY impressed with what I have learned about the NOVI so far. I think this is the blower for me as I want power and reliability (dont't we all?). Will be staying 8# or less on boost, 42# injectors, JMS Chip tuned with input from Ed Clark (has been running a NOVI 1K for a long time with stock block and in the 11.7's with no damage to motor) who is very knowledable, a Power pipe from Steen Racing, and either a boost a pump or some other reliable way to supply fuel. I was told that I would not need the NOVI 2000 and would be better off with the 1K. (?)

2000 GT with auto trans

1 Any ideas as to what to expect in the power increases.
    Current mods are
    Bassani O/R X pipe
    Borla Cat Back
    4.10's
    PI 2800 Stall Converter
    Drag struts and shocks
    Current hp/tq 243rwhp and 288 rwtq

2. What fuel pump would be stable and safe

Thanks to any and all that can give me some insight. I can't wait to join the NOVI generation.
    Stock; except for my mods

Welcome :)

The rule of thumb for boost is 12 RWHP for every pound of boost. So just multiply your boost number by 12, and that will give you a rough estimate.

I would get the biggest fuel pump you can. Go with the 255 high pressure.

Ian

The 255 lph "high pressure" intank fuel pump is a must IMO.
    Get the WALBRO GSS340 from Jack @ Muscle Motors!

That is the best IMO.

I notice the modular motors LOVE the novi 1000 supercharger, you will definately notice a good increase in power, no doubt!

Also I would suggest using a GoodYear Gatorback belt! That is what I use on my application, and I have tried pretty much all the belt brands out there like Kelly Springfield, Gates and etc... and I have noticed that I have no belt slippage with the gatorback belt as I did with the Gates brand belt and other belts.

This could just be on my applications account, but nevertheless I will still recommend the Gatorback belt!

I hope your project flourishes with SUCCESS! It sounds like you are going to have one fun/fast stang!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

SCH Member
    Thanks for the replies. I promised my wife I would wait until Feb or March to spend the money as I am having a house built and want to close on that first. This will be my 51st Birthday present so am going to do it right. I want to be "that old man that runs 12.20" Dont know if I will as I will need to drop a full second to do it but will be fun as heck trying!
    Stock; except for my mods

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    I have two questions for whomever:

1) do the new returnless fuel systems use the same pumps as the earlier return line systems?

2) Why is the more expensive GSS340 high pressure pump better than the cheaper GSS307 pump for a 42# injector application? Since there'd be no FMU to spike pressure, would they not both supply the same fuel quantity at the stock pressure level?

thx,
    CJ