Thread: need help,need pully

Junior SCH Member

need help,need pully

hi guys....

I have a p1sc on my lt1 camaro 1995 since last month. due to detnation problems i had to rebuilt the engine and lower the compression . now the 8 psi is not enough and i need to raise the boost and change the pully and the belt , but i could not find any info. about that in the internet .
    if any one can help me to know a site that has those pullyes so i can order and know the size and price for them?

thanks in advanced.....:weird:

SCH Member
    Call ATI (913) 338-2886

Junior SCH Member
    when find the size i have 5 or six different sizes might have one you need
    1985 gt
    p-1sc 2 row intercooled

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KS91Z28
    Call ATI (913) 338-2886
    Its too $$$$ to call states from here :freaks:

SCH Member
    Your car takes what ATI calls a "D" series pulley. They rate the pulleys by diameter, not #'s of boost. Check the diameter of your pulley, sometimes it's satmped in the face of the pulley. The basic rule of thumb is that every tenth of an inch is equal to about 1 psi of boost. So, if for instance, you have a 4.5" pulley that is making 5psi and you want 10 psi, then you need to get a 4.0" pulley.

Junior SCH Member

still confused

o.k.
    does any one know what is the max boost i can take from my p1sc on an lt1 camaro 95 without slipping in the belt .

Junior SCH Member
    i got one from a friend but it is made of steel , so it is heavier in the whight . does any one know if i can use it or it is going to cause problems to the unit .