Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Any of you guys have hood clearance issues?

Thread: Any of you guys have hood clearance issues?

Any of you guys have hood clearance issues?

A few years ago I replaced my motor mounts with napa replacements (junk btw) and I had major clearance issues with the oil inlet fitting always hitting the hood. Well I decided to get a cowl hood anyway to get clearance to run a 1 inch plenum spacer. Well the hood would close but it still leaves marks on the hood. I've heard the convertible mounts sit lower than the regular replacement ones. Also I was looking at some HPM heavy duty solid motor mounts which lower the engine 3/4. I still have the factory k-member for now. Wondering if the kooks headers will clear in this situation.

http://www.hpmotorsport.com/vortech....Motor%20Mounts

What do you guys think, any of you had this problem?

Senior SCH Member
    I've got a 9.2 deck 351 with a Spyder style intake and I had to modify my hood. See below...

TwEECer & Custom Chip Sales/Tuning - www.v8mustang.com

If you don't mind me asking how much did they ask to do that?

That is a very clean job.

The HPM mounts should give you the space you need. I have a few HPM parts on my car - great stuff.

I use Energy Suspension mounts, very strong, and the lower the engine to a verts level.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    The shop I used charged $350 and that included repainting the entire hood. Not very cheap, but the guy does good work.

TwEECer & Custom Chip Sales/Tuning - www.v8mustang.com