Thread: novi 1k capability

SCH Member

novi 1k capability

i think ian talked me into getting a novi 1k once i sell this sn-2k vr4(anyone want lots of extras:D ), well long storry on how i got that but back to the point. I want to run 12.0-12.3 on 17 drag radials i will have gt-40 or systamx intake, ed curtis cam, xpipe headers, flows, 3.55's, pro 5.0, with suspension modslike control arms kmembers springs, and will this plus the novi 1k be able to get me there im not the best driver but descent and i want 12-13 lbs is it able to keep up the vortech using the same amount of boost and what kind of setup do i need to get the 12lbs of boost thanks also curiosu how much is too much boost for this novi 1k?

The 1k's max boost is 15 psi. You should see 12-13 psi with a 7.25" or 7.5" ASP crank pulley. With this much boost, you should run low 12's with a decent 60' time. To answer your question, YES the 1k will get you there. Hell, exgmguy is running high 10's with his 1k!!

SCH Member
    thats good, i guess i just underestimated this blower since i was hooked on the novi 2k
    thanks

12.0-12.3 could possibly be done w/o the Novi with the mods listed if you have a set of decent heads. The Novi 1000 at 12#'s (+) should put you into the 11's.