Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone use the fel pro 1006 i believe is what they are

anyone use the fel pro 1006 i believe is what they are

the head gasket number thats on them i thought they were the fel pro loc wire gasket how does everyone feel about thesee im tryin to decide which gasket to buy or just replace that one like i said im not sure on the model number but the 1006 is at the top ?

What motor is this going on and what type of HP or boost?
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

its just what i had on there already so i figured to put it back on

im gettin another vortech soon its a 347 low compression 8 7 1

I run the Fel Pro Performance one 10112. Mine is a 351 ,the 302 i believe is the same one. But the gaskets have worked good for me.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

what the pricing on those

Like $35 a piece.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

are those for o ringed block?

just curious since im so dumb on this matter and i was told i should do it what is the o ring for? like gettin your block o ringed?

I don't believe so.

I believe the o ring is to help it seal and help prevent the head gasket blowing. They will still go before the pistons thought. Not like some all metal ones.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

ya that makes sense well i guess i know what it means when he said he would o ring the block

what were you meaning by all metal ones?

and you said that o ring was just to help seal even more and prevent blow out

is that some kind of thing that is usually done with forced induction stuff?

[QUOTE=adamf4i]what were you meaning by all metal ones?
    QUOTE]

They have some for example that are all copper, or multilayered steel. Must more resistant to blowing out.

[QUOTE=adamf4i]and you said that o ring was just to help seal even more and prevent blow out is that some kind of thing that is usually done with forced induction stuff? QUOTE]

They have held up great for four years with 13 psi and a year with 20 psi. I know they are more likley to blow than a piston when you detonate....as I found this out last summer when I made the mistake of running 20 psi with 93 octane at the track. I was just going for a "test run" :freaks: on my street tires. But since then they have been great. I know they last with some high boost yet will offer some protection if you detonate.

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/atta...tachmentid=810

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

yes im sorry i meant like the o ring machineing that was done to the block its just pressed out right that is just machine work right there isnt a o ring or something that goes on there you know what i mean?

i know you were talkin bout your gaskets but i think i i need the o ring FPP-1006's cause of the o ring machine work i believe he did you know what i mean sorry for the confusing im started to confuse myself sorry again
    Last edited by adamf4i; 06-21-2005 at 06:36 PM.

so then if i would have the o ring machine work done on the block then i would need to use o ring style head gasket like the FPP-1006 right does the o ring have anything to do with your head

Quote Originally Posted by adamf4i
    so then if i would have the o ring machine work done on the block then i would need to use o ring style head gasket like the FPP-1006 right does the o ring have anything to do with your head

AHH. Yeah you should need the 1006. The ones I use probably would not work for you setup. You have an O ringed block now I take it then.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

yep thats what i was tryin to say sorry , on the o ringed block though what is the purpose exactly? and it has nothing to do with your heads right you just got to get the o ringed gasket and thats it right i apologize again cause im slow about it