Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Blow off Versus Bypass?

Thread: Blow off Versus Bypass?

Blow off Versus Bypass?

Hey Guys:

I drove to Summit yesterday to buy a Mondo Bypass...they where all out...they guy there recomended a Vortech Blow off....It will bolt to my pipe but can i use it like a blow off? because the output os sooooo freaking big I will never be able to find a hose to go over the blowoff part and if i do it will be too big to runinto the powerpipe connection?

any ideas ?

Thanks

Mike
    NEW BEST 9.66 @141.02 best mph 141.73 mph!
    AEM tuned by ME!

http://www.mikeymustang.com

Junior SCH Member
    Venting metered air will mess with the A/F ratio, I think

So I wouldnt do.

Senior SCH Member
    was it the Vortech Mini valve? I mounted one directly to my discharge tube and found a radiator hose with the perfect bend to go and meet the power pipe, the one end of the radiator hose I used was smaller but I still had to use a 1 1/2" long piece of the stock bypass valve hose that I left on the inlet fitting, I then put the radiator hose OVER that and used a hose clamp on it and it has worked flawlessly. one question, you said you cant use the Vortech valve the guy recommended because the opening is huge, you realize the Mondo valve is even bigger in size right??????
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

No I didnt know that!! thanks....and the Rad hose is a great idea!!!...how much boost do you think this blow off is good for?

thanks

Mike
    NEW BEST 9.66 @141.02 best mph 141.73 mph!
    AEM tuned by ME!

http://www.mikeymustang.com

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMustang
    No I didnt know that!! thanks....and the Rad hose is a great idea!!!...how much boost do you think this blow off is good for?

thanks

Mike
    Vortech rates their valves by CFM on their website, but I believe 18-20psi for the Mini valve.
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a similar problem. I moved up to the Vortech race valve with an1 3/4 outlet, (BTW the Mondo is 2"). Now I have to modify my AFM power pipe as the inlet is way to small. I was curious if anyone else has gone this route and what did you do......
    92LX - D.S.S. 331 Stroker – T/F Heads Stage I porting - 75mm MAF & TB – AFM Power Pipe - AFM PMS - Vortech S-Trim, 10 Rib Belt - Holley 50# Injectors - Vortech Maxflow Fuel System - MSD Billet Distributor & 6A Ignition Module - Meziere Electric Water Pump - Derale Fan Array - Evans Propylene Glycol Coolant - Tremec TKO - Centerforce Clutch & Plate - Lakewood Scatter Shield - Eibach Drag Launch Coil Spring Set – Battle boxes - Strange axles & C-clip eliminators - Powertrax Locker, 3.73 Gears

Junior SCH Member
    I did the same thing with mine, I had to put 1 1/2" hose onto a 1" fitting so I doubled the hose, using a short piece of 1" hose, then clamping the 1 1/2" hose over top of that.
    Black 2001 Mustang GT

Vortech V2-SQ aftercooled kit. Lots of custom parts made by me

Thanks...I may wind up doing the same thing. My hose is 1 3/4 so I'll have to do a triple (1" to 1 1/2" to 1 3/4").....
    92LX - D.S.S. 331 Stroker – T/F Heads Stage I porting - 75mm MAF & TB – AFM Power Pipe - AFM PMS - Vortech S-Trim, 10 Rib Belt - Holley 50# Injectors - Vortech Maxflow Fuel System - MSD Billet Distributor & 6A Ignition Module - Meziere Electric Water Pump - Derale Fan Array - Evans Propylene Glycol Coolant - Tremec TKO - Centerforce Clutch & Plate - Lakewood Scatter Shield - Eibach Drag Launch Coil Spring Set – Battle boxes - Strange axles & C-clip eliminators - Powertrax Locker, 3.73 Gears