Thread: New Aeromotive System with Pump cavitation problems

New Aeromotive System with Pump cavitation problems

Hey guys:

I just installed a Aeromotive Competition sumped tank kit good for 800 rwhp forced air....on 2 seperate trips both about 1 hour in HOT conditions my Aeromotive pump started to surge.....the first time....i parked for about 10 mins...the second time I was by a gas station so i filled it.....both times i was over 1/2 tank........will an Aeromotive controller fix this?.....someone said use a Weldon pump?...what do you run or suggest?.....I cancled a 3 hour trip to the dyno for fear i would kill the pump

any suggestions are appreciated!!

Mike
    NEW BEST 9.66 @141.02 best mph 141.73 mph!
    AEM tuned by ME!

http://www.mikeymustang.com

Senior SCH Member
    the A1000 really isnt cut out for steady street driving in my experience with it, the controller WOULD help it out big time, its just the fact that is is a huge pump flow boat loads of fuel into the hot engine compartment to be heated and then just keeps this vicous cycle up until the pump suffers. I say invest in the controller and youll be fine.
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Thanks for the info.....recently I did find something that might be causing the problem to be worst.....the paper filter on the outlet of my pump was badly clogged....this is a new system...I never though that it would be clogged ....it probally made the pump work harder...making more heat....i have a new filter in it now.....I need to drive it in some hot weather and see if this helps.....it does seem to hold pressure better

Mike
    AEM tuned by ME!

Get the controller, it will help out alot. You have to think that the fuel pump is running full tilt boogey all the time, with the controller, it will dial back the voltage to the pump, therefore letting the fuel pump work better and will make it last longer. The controller will also let the pump go full bore above a certain RPM you set it at.

Kewl
    Thanks for the info....is the Areomotive controler the only choice?.....the Areomotive contorler seems to be a "2 step" type controller....or 2 speed....is there there anything better or is the Aeromotive the one i want?

thanks

Mike
    AEM tuned by ME!