Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tko 500 or tko 600 anyone running any of these just curious bout some things

tko 500 or tko 600 anyone running any of these just curious bout some things

let me know if you are running either one of these tranny's i see them from www.x2cmotorsports.com look good on some horse ratings anyway anyone have just let me know first thx

My friend broke the output shaft on his 100 mile TKO 500, 3 days after the warranty was up. He upgraded to the "600" output shaft and has yet to put it back in.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

any good horsepower ratings on the tko 500

Quote Originally Posted by adamf4i
    any good horsepower ratings on the tko 500
    his car traps @ 106 mph and has nitto's if that tell you anything. :weird: Maybe he just got a bad one.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

whats the differnece in the 600 and the 500 tko's

Don't quote me but I think it's the output shaft. LOL

Senior SCH Member
    I run a 600, has been great to me.
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

where are you guys gettin them from , and what other goodies do you have with it like scattershield? what clutch etc...

Senior SCH Member
    Got mine from Jack@Musclemotors he smoked everyones prices. You'll need the yoke, and I run a Spec Stage 3...nice clutch.

how much is that clutch ? and the tranny alone i guess? and the yoke thats all you need right? u can add the scattershield on later right it will already come with a bellhousing correct? does he have a web site? im just tryin to check full pricing

Senior SCH Member
    You will need the Bellhousing also (around 199$), sorry forgot about that. The clutch was like 340$, it is the 6 puck design. Pedal feel is as soft (if not softer) than my stage 2, but handles 680ft lbs. It drives great on the street, no chatter at all....but grabs like a mofo when i want it to. I think the tranny/yoke was like 1500$.

You can add a scattershield later...my track doesnt hound us about that so i passed up for the more affordable aluminum Tremec bell.

that price sounds pretty good i thijnk i need to get that ? did you say there was a link to where i could get that setup

Senior SCH Member
    call jack at 818-888-7778, tell him Chris Eades ref. you. The price on the trans should be pretty close to that.

cool thx for all the help bro , it might be awhile before i buy one though but definetly think i have my mind made up ill stick with a manual and get the tko for this price i looked on a site and it was like 1600 thx again for the help

I run the TKO-500. I've put down 525rwhp and gone 11.43. The car should have gone faster, but I broke the stock block. I have a cintered-iron rev-tech. It's pretty much an on/off switch, but it WORKS! The hotter it gets the better it grips.

Try calling D&D Tell them Matt Stanford @ Varsity Ford sent you.