Thread: SN-92 Combo Help.....

SCH Member

Arrow SN-92 Combo Help.....

Hey Guys i have a sn-92 and iam putting it on a 350 chevy carb the carb is a holley 750cfm, with a victor jr. intake, 202.160 stock chevy heads just ported and bigger valves, the cam is a Crane Cams Saturday Night Special Cams Adv. Duration: 302°/302°
    Lift: .500''/.500''
    RPM Range: 3500-6500 and the bottom end is stock and iam wondering if the cam and carb is good for this setup SN-92 thats why iam asking not sure never did a blow thru setup before.could someone see if my setup will run ok.. running 8-9psi on this Paxton hopefully somoene could help thanks~
    Last edited by ProZac; 02-21-2006 at 01:27 AM.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Not a good choice of parts for a 'SN' blower.
    The max blower speed is 39k rpm and you will be past that RPM when your engine is at its operating range. With a 350ci you might see 5psi. You can change around the crank pulley and blower pulley so that the max blower rpm matches your engine rpm range but you will be using 45hp spinning a blower that will be producing nothing till 5500 rpm. I take it your carb is mech secondary since you will not have any vacuum for secondarys under boost. You really need a blower that produces 850cfm min. @ 5psi to fill 350ci with that cam and heads.

SCH Member

thanks for the reply.. i have a mustang the stock one came with the paxton crank pulley on the 350 the carb is mech. what about the cam what do i need then? also the heads wont work?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The heads will be ok but you need a cam for a blower application. Go to the Crane Cam website look at the blower grinds and see the duration numbers and you will see the difference.

SCH Member
    What Cam Should i get? lobe seperaton.lift.duration? also what company to go with thanks if you could help me out alittle...