Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Launching ????

Quote Originally Posted by stevieturbo
    Whats this airbag thing I see you mention ?
    The Eibach drag launch kit comes with an air bag to preload the rear passenger side since the cars axle flexes that way.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Typically a drag spring package will lower the car slightly, and include softer rate than stock front springs (stock 4-cyl springs are a popular cheap mod) and also two different rates at each rear spring -- the idea being that you can then fine-tune the right rear spring rate with the included air spring. The air spring is not required with adjustable spring perches &/or adjustable rear swaybar -- it's a cheaper route than either of those preload methods.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris

How do you pre-load a 4link setup ( with coilovers ) ? And how do you determine how much you need ?

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Whole books have been written on the topic, not enough space here to answer thoroughly.

http://www.rjracecars.com/cgi-bin/sq...ex.cgi?pid=994

This is the Rick Jones Chassis tuning guide, should help you out a bunch.
    Chris

Well here is what my pulley destruction looked like!:freaks: This mishap also turned my 10 rib setup to an 8 rib setup as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

What happened ?

The bolt that holds the tensioner plate backed out some how and hit the idler pulley and then must have backed itslef all the way out (considering I just tightened them up before that pass). It was pinched between the plate and the pulley and chewed about an 1/2" off the idler. My 10 rib belts is now also an 8 rib belt.

Not sure what caused this as I tightened it up just befor that pass. However, the clearance was tight with that 10 rib idler.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

ouch.....

Some thread lock might be in order next time.

Yeah, problem is those bolts are constantly being tightened & lossened to tighten the braket. Especially at the track.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Quote Originally Posted by fanglemeister
    I agree, one change at a time is plenty. I think you will like the 80% position alot better.
    I agree. And it sounds like it'd be more of a drag radial sidewall friendly setting. I think with the QTP's you could tweak around the situation because the sidewall is forgiving, but for a drag radial car leaving like banzai on a T-brake everything needs to get along pretty well to 60' where you want. Sorry to hear about the FFW carnage steve. My friend has true street-itis as well as he's never ran well @ one. He was having N20 issues though.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

The only part I have left steve from my vortech is a custom made 10-rib tensioner pulley if you need it. It's a pretty nice piece. I'll cruise up and hang out if you need it.

I'm waiting on my pistons to come in and then i'll be back on the road. I think it's going to run pretty good too. :teeth:
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D