Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anybody had a Novi2000 go south on them? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody had a Novi2000 go south on them?

Junior SCH Member
    Thehawk05 - Did they say what caused the failure? Any idea what it will cost? Will they cover the repair under the warranty? How old is the blower? Thanks, yellowgt

Nope...no reason given for failure and no mention if it's covered under warranty. It should be as it still had warranty left on it and a bearing was found to be not quite right during inspection (plus it leaked oil out of the impeller shaft seal) Blower was purchased new in October 2002 and was installed July 2003. Blower has only 2000 miles on it.

Junior SCH Member
    I was under the impression that after 12 months these blowers are out of warranty. My blower is from Dec 2002 and has less than 3,000 miles on it. I hope they take care of you. Keep me up to date. My Novi has arrived at Paxton and is still waiting to be inspected :(

All street kit Paxton's (except Novi1000's if you opted for the smaller pulley option...drops it to 1 year), Vortech's and Procharger's carry a 3 year warranty for the original purchaser (and that's only if you registered it) If you bought it used or didn't register the blower when you bought it new, you're S.O.L. for warranty

Junior SCH Member
    Any update?

The latest:

Somebody pinch me...I must be dreaming. :shocked:

Well after 43 days my blower finally showed up via UPS after being repaired. Unit was rebuilt under warranty with new seals and bearings throughout (one bearing was pooched....as I suspected) Haven't installed it yet but rest assured it won't be in the box for long.

Junior SCH Member
    TheHawk05 -

Let us know how she sounds when you get it back together. I called Paxton today and it looks like my Novi 2000 will require a minor repair. New seals and bearings. Did paxton tell you why you had a bearing failure?

No...no reason given.

Junior SCH Member
    My Novi 2000 just took a dump on me. I had my tranny out for 2 months I get it back in the car last weekend and now the blower is knocking. I pulled off my Reichard Racing ultra grip pulley and the ******* thing ate itself. Both keyways are screwed. Fortuneately the shaft is allright. Put my stock pulley back on(only16lbs of boost) and thre knocking is gone but now it sound like gravel in there. I pulled it apart and there are 2 bearings making noise one on the pulley shaft which is a Barden thrust bearing part# 206H $409 for a pair of them Canadian. The one on the impeller shaft has a vortech # on it and guess what. No one can cross reference it. Paxton will not sell any internal parts. So I am screwed. I have to send it back to them to have it repaired. Even though it is the 2000 race version which comes with no warranty. What a crock of ****. They just told me it would cost $425 for bearings and seals and 10 -15 business days. Plus shipping time. Now I will be down for 3 weeks.

Time to go turbo.

The 43 days thing is scarring me. DO you know what bearing let go HAWK?

Turbo's are sounding pretty good...see my procharger thread!!!!!!!!
    Scott Warwick
    -------------------------------------------
    88 lx
    stock block 302, vic 5.0,vic jr's, d1-sc
    11.0 @ 131 mph on et streets
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer

Quote Originally Posted by mac347

The 43 days thing is scarring me. DO you know what bearing let go HAWK?
    They didn't tell me which one let go but my guess would be the rear impeller shaft bearing as that's where the noise was loudest when I used my mechanics stethoscope to listen. All they told me was they found a bearing that was "notchy".

Sorry to hear about your blower. Be sure to check out this thread...it may help you out part# wise.

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=7145

Junior SCH Member
    Thnaks for the link. After I posted I went out to 2 more bearing places. They were alot more helpfull. We cross referenced everything. And I found all the #,s. I am just waiting to hear delivery time. Hopefully we will be out on the weekend.

Thanks for the help. I will keep you guys updated.

If it all works out post up the part numbers please....the more reference numbers we can get, the better because if mine ever goes on me again I won't be sending it back, I'll fix it myself.

As for now my Novi is back on and running......no more noise.

Good luck!