Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What Ignition Box are you Guys Running?

Thread: What Ignition Box are you Guys Running?

Senior SCH Member

What Ignition Box are you Guys Running?

My 6AL just died, thinking of maybe stepping up to a Digital 6...what boxes you guys run?

Chris
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

Senior SCH Member
    MSD are junk IMHO, I run a Crane HI-6R and it was a huge difference over the MSD 6BTM that it replaced
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Senior SCH Member
    I running a Crane Hi-6 box. I like it so far, no problems unlike my MSD. I had an MSD for a few months, and every so often it would cut out, it was mounted behind my seat, and no where near heat. The Crane is mounted under the hood where my battery once was, 0 problems so far. I've been on the Crane for maybe a month. Crane is also digital.
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net

Senior SCH Member
    The digital 6 has a built in 2 step....i could launch in boost with that sucker.

Thanks for the input guys, the crane is on my list!
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Digital 6 Plus and has nice features including a first start up system check with lights on the unit to give results. MSD has and is having problem with the product. I have seen on a lot of boards that every model of MSD is having failures. I myself own a MSD but would purchase the Crane or Mallory unit.

I've had my 6AL for about 6 years and it's mounted where the battery is, and i've never had a problem one. When this one goes i'll upgrade.
    Jorge

Digital 6 here, like the features but when it craps out I will go with one of the CRane units....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

MSD 6AL where the battery was for 4 years and now in behind the dash. No prblems yet!
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I run a Crane HI-6...mounted on a custom made plate where the filter box used to be. Been there for 3 years....no problems at all.

MSD seems to have run into a lot of quality issues over the past year or so after they were bought out. The older stuff is good but I constantly see posts on the message boards about failing boxes, distibutors, etc. on newer MSD purchases.

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    I have no experience with the digital MSD stuff, I blacklisted MSD back in the analog days. Have been running Crane ignitions for many years now with zero problems.
    Chris