Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
supercharger leaking - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: supercharger leaking

Junior SCH Member
    ok got a diff belt got a goodyear gatorback belt not sure if there all that good or not but i know the belt was slipping because i tighten the origonal belt that was on there and when i went to get the gatorback i jumped on it and it went upto 8psi if my gauge is accurate now i put the gator back on and tighten it up and am only getting 7psi does the belt tension do that much would it hurt performance if it were to tight..plus i got my fuel corrected today to...the only prob now is when i start it up it idles really rough at first and smokes black for about 5 sec. and clears up smoke and idle clear up...and from idle to about 2k rpm i get idle surge really bad and i dont know what it is im thinking iac but not sure...still cant get any boost off the line though is there anything i can do about that?thanks again for all the help you guys have been very helpfull and patient with me...thanks again

Senior SCH Member
    Paradise says the gator back belts are the best we can use. Black smoke = fuel. 8psi out of that unit is about max efficiency. VR4:D

Junior SCH Member
    id love to but sorry cant afford it...wish i could... is 7psi efficeint for my
    sn93?

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    With my Walbro 255 ho and Jet adjustabel fuel pressure regulaot at max 45 psi instead of 10 original mine enge gave black smoke at idle and rough idle to, but when I made the switch to the vacuum reffered fuel pressure regulator it stoped smoking and rough idle.
    About 30 psi idle and 45 psi in boost.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement pounde
    With my Walbro 255 ho and Jet adjustabel fuel pressure regulaot at max 45 psi instead of 10 original mine enge gave black smoke at idle and rough idle to, but when I made the switch to the vacuum reffered fuel pressure regulator it stoped smoking and rough idle.
    About 30 psi idle and 45 psi in boost.
    so what should my base pressure be... i got it set at about 12 12.5 in that range... and do you set the base pressure with the vac off or on???

You need more pressure then that.
    You say that you have a Walbro 255 and an aeromotive plate ?
    Most likely you stil use the stock regulator in the tbi, I think that's the problem, you can't use 2 regulators.
    The stock tbi regulator regulates the return line pressure, and where did you mount the other regulator ?
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement pounde
    You need more pressure then that.
    You say that you have a Walbro 255 and an aeromotive plate ?
    Most likely you stil use the stock regulator in the tbi, I think that's the problem, you can't use 2 regulators.
    The stock tbi regulator regulates the return line pressure, and where did you mount the other regulator ?
    i have a aeromotive rising rate and i eliminated the stock regulator... so what base pressure should i run...i have the aeromotive on the return line mounted on the firewall...

I think you need to test and tune, becouse we have different size engines, I can't say what you need to start with.
    For me 40 psi is to high for idle, 30 psi looks better but I have to do a sniffer test to see if it is whitin enviroment regulations for our country, Netherland.
    It could stil be a tad to rich for idle, so perhaps I need a custom chip.
    Greets, Marco

Junior SCH Member
    ok i had a guy burn me a chip for my truck i told him what i was doin and what i wanted he said no prob. and i am currently running that... i heard that the 350 should run a base press. around 12 to 12.5 somewere in that area..thats right around were im running..i ran 15 and that seemed to be to much it smokes black smoke then now it seems fine i havent pulled the plugs yet but i will this weekend... another prob i am having is that i am getting that idle surge really bad... dont know if it is a comp prob or if it might be the tps or what... any suggestions????

You did checked all vacuum lines ?
    Greets, Marco

Junior SCH Member
    yeah i checked all the vac. lines and no leaks...

Junior SCH Member
    so dirk how much you want for that smaller pulley???

Senior SCH Member
    70 bucks

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    70 bucks
    you take paypal???