Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just put on 3.00 blower pulley wow!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    blown5oh..what if, what if. You take a chance everyday that the gas you put in your stang in 91+..what if they switched the tanks and you got 87 or water in the ground tank. Don't laugh this has happen many times. The pumps that snow uses has been around for 20+ years and I have one in my RV that pumps 200 gallons of water a week and never a failure. I think you need to worry more about a fuel pump going out or a injector going bad than a water pump. I myself am using my PMS to control my new water injection unit and the power from the pump will let the PMS know it is working before it allows boost with aggresive timing. I will see 15psi and 34 degrees of timing with a Water/Meth mix and with straight water 28 degrees. These numbers are just a start since I am at 22 degrees now at 15psi at the track now. Do what is comfortable for yourself but so many things can go wrong and worrying about the water pump is the least of peoples problems.
    My .02 ...LOL

blown5oh
    I guess you're right about the 91-87 octane flip, but it won't nearly cause the amount of damage that a stang w/ 30+ degrees of timing on water/meth if the pump doesn't pump that water/meth will. Goodbye pistons....bye bye rods. :teeth: To each their own. Just my .02. Good luck.

Junior SCH Member
    I know the Snow performance setup has a fluid level sender, but does Anderson's Mr.Freeze have one? Anyone know? I'm planning on doing water/methanol real soon and I'm going to go with the Anderson just for the dragstrip.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Mr Freeze does not and it usually shows no improvement unless your over 12psi and if you don't have a tuning system like Tweecer or PMS it will do nothing at all.

Junior SCH Member
    Speedystang is right, just installed Mr.Freeze and it was LESS hp even with 22 degrees timing with 9 lbs of boost. I'm changing the combo soon but figured I'd try it on my current one. I drove 2 hours to the drag strip and still had 3/4 of a tank in the Mr.Freeze when I got there. Made 4 passes and never had to fill the tank. It doesn't have a pump that can fail so I recommend it, at least for higher boost applications.