Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Novi 2000 failure

Thread: Novi 2000 failure

Junior SCH Member

Novi 2000 failure

Are there know problems with Novi 2000 blowers made in 2002? I have a Novi 2000 RR race blower with approx. 3,000 miles on it. The blower is now making a strange chirp, whistle, and high pitch squeal. All idler bearings and the altenator have been ruled out. The noise is louder near the air filter; leading one to believe it is coming from the blower. Sean Hyland's book states there were problems with the impeller shaft flexing or breaking with the Novi 2000 blower in 2002. I called Paxton and they denied any problems with the blower. It frustrates me because the car hasn't even been to the track yet. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Hmmmm....that's interesting because I recently sent mine back to Paxton for repair and your description sounds exactly like mine. I got my blower in December 2002 and I've put less than 3000 miles on it.

Here's the thread I started about it.....

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=7789

Update on my blowers status: Called Paxton today for an update as they recieved July 12th.

Verdict: They haven't even inspected the bloody thing yet. I was told sometime around the middle of next week they'll be getting to it. Not impressed so far. :weird:
    Last edited by TheHawk05; 07-22-2005 at 04:19 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the reply. Do you have the RACE blower? Please keep me up to date. I am so frustrated with Paxton.

I have a regular street version which essentially is no different than the race one. The only difference between the two is the impeller is cryo treated and an extrude honed discharge. Internally in terms of bearings, seals and such they're the same.
    Last edited by TheHawk05; 07-26-2005 at 04:29 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Paxton quoted me $1158.00 for seals and bearings if it was a RACE unit. They said it was more because of the heavier duty bearings. The blower should get there by the end of this week. I can't wait to hear from them. I will be looking at Procharger if this thing cost 1100.00 dollars to get repaired.

I think they pull the numbers out of their a$$....no way in hell bearings cost that much. There's a guy on this forum (RoadW3@aol.com) who rebuilt his after Paxton gave him a quote. Grand total....well under $50 for all bearings and seals......Paxton loves to sell that "custom made to our specs" BS. I wish I never sent it back....regardless of the warranty. I could've fixed it myself weeks ago and spent less on parts than I did to ship the thing out there.

Hopefully it all works out.....otherwise it'll be sold this winter and I'll go turbo.
    Last edited by TheHawk05; 07-26-2005 at 04:32 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    I hear you on the turbo. No failures or belt slip to worry about. More torque and horsepower. It is too bad they cost a fortune to set up right. Is RoadW3@aol.com interested in repairing Novi blowers? What did he find out about ceramic bearings?

Junior SCH Member
    GREAT! I have a Novi 2000 purchased new at the end of December 2002 that is about ready to run and I see this thread and Hawk's other thread. Now I'm worried.

What facts lead Mr. Hyland to make that statement in his book? Which book is it?

I don't know what to think. Run it? Sell it and go turbo?

AAHHH....................

Junior SCH Member
    Update - Novi 2000 RACE blower was sent in for inspection. I was told it was going to need a minor rebuild; bearings and oil seals. A day later Paxton called the shop to tell them that the blower was FUBAR. From what I believe there was damage to the madien??? bearing and gears. Paxton offered to do an exchange for a reasonable cost to me. Although now I will no longer have a RACE blower as they do not make them any longer for my application. All and all I have been pleased with Paxton's service. I was glad to see that Paxton offered a credit for the broken blower. I will give a final update after I receive the blower and have it reinstalled.

Glad to hear it got handled, but I must correct you, turbos do fail also.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Last week the turbo on my 11 ton work truck went poeff after just 130 K kilometers or about 90 K miles.
    The impellor was stuck and the shaft was broken, just 3 years old.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw