Thread: Should I get ditch the FMU?

Junior SCH Member

Should I get ditch the FMU?

P1 kit originally came with FMU for the 98 engine, blew it up, upgraded to DSS forged PI engine and using 42 lb injectors now along with original FMU with return style fuel system. Ditch the FMU or is it a potential source for problems? I have a custom tune from Diablo but the b*tch still runs really rich at idle. I know I need a dyno tune but when I do should I have the FMU removed for better tuning?

SCH Member
    One vote for ditching the FMU.

I ditched mine when I recently went in for a dyno tune and chip. 42lb injectors on a 347 pushing 10-14lbs of boost. A/F ratio was perfect throughout all the dyno pulls. Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

Junior SCH Member
    I never installed mine. I went with a Walbro 255 pump and 42# injectors and a tune.
    2000 F-150 4x4 4.6 to 5.4 swap, M5OD 5speed w/Modified Hurst short throw, Warn XD9000i, Troyer E-fans, P-1SC Procharger @15psi, Troyer tuned. ;)