Thread: 3.33 / 8" pulley combo, How much boost?

Junior SCH Member

3.33 / 8" pulley combo, How much boost?

I'm currently running the standard S-trim 3.33 / 6.87 pulleys and making about 9 psi. I'm wanting to make a couple more lbs, but no more than 12. I'm wondering roughly how much boost I will pick up by going to the 8" crank instead of the 6.87". Also, Vortech advertises the 8" crank pulley as having an improved traction profile. Will it still work in conjuction with my stock 3.33 blower pulley or do I need to change that too?

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike9250
    I'm currently running the standard S-trim 3.33 / 6.87 pulleys and making about 9 psi. I'm wanting to make a couple more lbs, but no more than 12. I'm wondering roughly how much boost I will pick up by going to the 8" crank instead of the 6.87". Also, Vortech advertises the 8" crank pulley as having an improved traction profile. Will it still work in conjuction with my stock 3.33 blower pulley or do I need to change that too?
    Thats interesting I've not heard of anyone changing the crank pulley to increase boost. You know they make a 3.1 supercharger pulley that will put you @ 10-11psi. The 2.9 will put you at 12psi

Junior SCH Member
    The 3.12 blower pulley would be about perfect for what I want to do, however I'm wanting to change my crank pulley anyway because I want the one with the 4.75 (underdrive) acc. instead of the 6.87. I figured if I could increase my boost a little and add the underdrive with just one pulley , that would be the way to go. However I'm thinking the 8" crank pulley might make a little more boost then I want

Senior SCH Member
    8" is bad ***...you will make atleast 12psi, and have like no belt slip when teamed with the 3.33
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

I'm running an SC-Trim with a 3.33" S/C pulley and an 8" crank pulley making 8-9 PSI.

Senior SCH Member
    Whats the comob? Power pipe?
    You should make 8-9psi on the stock pullies.
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

Junior SCH Member
    I'm using the stock pullies and a UPR powerpipe and I'm making about 9 psi. I'm wanting to make about 11 psi, but it sounds like the 8" crank pulley will probably make more than that