Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: questions on a sn92 need help asap!!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Just install it inline of the BAP(MAP) sensor. Make sure you point it so that positive pressure(boost) does not enter the sensor. When boost reaches the BAP it thinks the air quality pressure has changed and sends a signal to the computer to stop entering fuel and it goes lean fast. Put a open element K&N in place of your oil fill cap. Do a search and others have discussed this in the Novi forums.

SCH Member
    yea i just got one and put it on but it was way to small and when i started the car it would not run like the vacuum line to the MAP was totally off but it wasn't i tryed it both ways and it did the same. so i ordered a bigger one fromthe part store that says it is an air check valve and looks the right size, looks like the MAP senser vacuum line is like 1/4" so i would need one like that right? the one i got from napa has an end like a tooth pic so it must not be letting the vacuum come through. well let me know what im doing wrong and can u answer or help me on y my PCV inthe back of the intake keeps blowing out and pil is going everywhere? how can i fix that or is it just from when the boost goes in the intake and the car stalls down it pops it? thanks

SCH Member
    is this like something i need the right size? i dont know what to get you have a picture of one or can you find one online for me......look...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-MU...spagenameZWDVW

SCH Member
    or is this what i need? vortechs part # 4FD113-010. if so anyone know how much they are and where i can get one? i heard tho the lean the car hout how do you fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by SN92NOTCH
    yea i just got one and put it on but it was way to small and when i started the car it would not run like the vacuum line to the MAP was totally off but it wasn't i tryed it both ways and it did the same. so i ordered a bigger one fromthe part store that says it is an air check valve and looks the right size, looks like the MAP senser vacuum line is like 1/4" so i would need one like that right? the one i got from napa has an end like a tooth pic so it must not be letting the vacuum come through. well let me know what im doing wrong and can u answer or help me on y my PCV inthe back of the intake keeps blowing out and pil is going everywhere? how can i fix that or is it just from when the boost goes in the intake and the car stalls down it pops it? thanks
    you need to run a different oil cap... the plug in breather style will help fix the PCV problem.

SCH Member
    ok i will try that now what about everything else?

Senior SCH Member
    I run SD. Just drill a 1/16ths hole in the the vac line aft of the check valve, in line to the MAP. I stuck a nitrous jet in there to keep the hole open but it worked before I did that.

PCV has to have the supply side at the throttle body killed, just like any 5.0, MAF or SD. Cap it off ant the TB and leave a bit of hose on the nipple from the filler so the PCV has an inlet supply of air.

SCH Member
    i thinki am just going to convert to mass air, that i think will solve that problem now what are you talking about to do to the pcv? let me see if i get it....leave it all connected to the intake like normal and the nipple off the tbody that goes to the filler oil neck take that hose off plug the tbody and leave that neck open?

well i pluged the tbody nipple and then in the directions i seen that they say run a 3/8 hopse from the filler neck to the plastic cover over the air filter and thats what i did./ will that solve my pcv problem? if so would it help even more to put a breather on top of the neck?

after u answer those lol i then still need to set my FMU, it has the adj twist on it but my fuel gauge is under the hood and dont u need to be driving it to find out what it is or can i rev it ? and what should i do to the stock fuel pres bump it up? if so to what?

As explained above use a pressure pump you can even rent one from Autozone or Advance Auto PArts.

SCH Member
    and where and how do i use ti car running not? where to i pump from?

The vacuum port on the FMU. Pump it to you see 5psi on the pump gauge then adjust the FMU spring so that fuel pressure gauge shows 90lbs

SCH Member
    wouldn't it be 98 since stock is 38 and then 12x5psi is 60 that is 98 not 90? also what is i am making 6-8 still leave it at 90?

SCH Member
    ok i got the mass air harness it is from a 90 will this work in the car? i know a 91-93 will not will a 90?

Really?
    I showed the harness to be the same from 89-93 and the 94-95 to be different only. I posted earlier 98lbs which is correct that is why I said to read the earlier post I was trying to give a example.
    Yes you will need to add 12lbs of fuel for every 1psi of boost. Unless your lucky you will never get your injectors to handle anything over 100lbs of fuel pressure without locking up so you better hope for 5-6psi max or move up to 24lb+ injectors to get the FMU pressure down.

SCH Member
    yea well i went with the mass air conversion harness from mustang unlimiteds http://mustangunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=CH8611F+01 u can see at the link, and i had a stock mass air and put a 1990 computer int he car. now before i did all this the car idled and ran fine until it read boost, but now it has surging and u tap the gas and it wants to stall bracks up and is all meessed up. playin with the gas it will clear out at high rpms for one good rev and that it is. funny thing is tho it only runs a little little better then the vacuum line fromthe fmu is off and pluged but it is still messed up. i know the 4 wires from the harness kit are hooked up right, i am iffy on the computer tho u think i need a 89 in there? also if anyone ever used this wiring kit before it is from ford most people just do the 4 wires but then they give u 2 or 3 more that say if needed u have to go to the fuel senser and one to the speedo and driveshaft but i dont think it will make the car run like dog ****. it also says under additional wires (for some cars) change pin 51 to 38 and pin 11 to 32. i dont get any of this i need help