Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Flapper door ?

Thread: Flapper door ?

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar

Flapper door ?

I can buy a different carbhat with 3.5 inch intake tube, but it is missing a rubber flapperdoor.
    What is that ? It is suposed to be Paxton made.
    It says Cobra on top.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Does it have a ribbed top and is it black. I have had 3 types but none that I remember have a flap door.

SCH Member
    I know what you are talking about. It is a round rubber seal attached to spring steel that bolts to the housing.

I patterned (loosely) my custom blower setup off the stock SN-60 on a 64 Studebaker R-2 Super Hawk my dad owns. I believe that is where the flapper door originated, in the 60s paxton setups. I added a flapper to the pressure box I made. Both the R-2 carb hats and the R-3 pressure boxes had the flap valve in it.

When the car isn't running, this flap is open, and it allows fuel in the carb that vaporizes to be vented to the atmosphere.

You have fuel injection so I don't think you need a hat with the flapper in it. And that is why Speedy hasn't seen one.

Brian

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I had three hats and never seen the flap installed. Interesting...
    Thanks for the Information.

SCH Member
    Here is a R-2 carb hat that fits a AFB carb.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Thanks for the info
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw