Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
first vette kill :)

Thread: first vette kill :)

Junior SCH Member

first vette kill :)

So I was driving out to Omaha friday night for the cruise/bbq on sunday. I was staying with some friends there.. Anyway, back to the vette.

I was heading west on I-80 out of Des Moines and I notice a C5 up in front of me a little ways. Of course there is a few cars between us taking up both lanes so I had to just ride close to them all for a while until I could get around. As I'm approaching the vette I pass a yellow 5.0 sn95 and send a smile/wave at the hottie driving.. (she probably just had to laugh about that :p )

I pull up next to the vette and match speed then drop into 4th and take off. At this point I was just letting him know my intentions since we were in traffic at that point so I slow back to a reasonable speed and he follows me for about 30 minutes until the road clears up.

He inches up next to me and I look over to see an old guy and his white haired wife riding along with a big ole grin on her face. I give him the jump and drop it into 4th at 80 mph. we stay even for a split second and then it's instapull. Not even close It made for a nice little ego boost :p
    Black 2001 Mustang GT

Vortech V2-SQ aftercooled kit. Lots of custom parts made by me

Are you sure he just didn't forget to turn off the A/C and the overdrive :).
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Junior SCH Member
    doesn't matter to me :p a stock c5 is a low 13, high 12 second car at best ;)
    Black 2001 Mustang GT

Vortech V2-SQ aftercooled kit. Lots of custom parts made by me