Thread: Powerdyne blew up AGAIN. Need advice...

Junior SCH Member

Powerdyne blew up AGAIN. Need advice...

I bought a BD-11A Powerdyne kit from a friend only because he was selling it cheap. I broke the internal belt after only 500 miles, so I sent it off and had it professionally rebuilt. I then sold the whole kit to a buddy of mine and bought an s-trim for myself. Now my buddy has broken two belts on the stupid thing, which he hasn't even finished paying me for in the first place. My buddy knows next to nothing about cars and has no intention of racing his car. He just wants to go fast on the street and have fun, but now that he's had a blower, he's hooked. I'm trying to come up with the best course of action for him without spending a ton of money. Here what I've come up with:

Upgrade to an XB-1A for a whopping $1800
    Have the old Powerdyne rebuilt again for $350 and hope for the best
    Sell the whole POS kit and buy an S-trim or maybe just an SC-trim or even a Novi 1000.

What do you all think? I'd like to sell this thing, but it pretty much worthless now except for the brackets. I could buy an entire SC-trim kit for the price of just the XB-1A head unit....
    Last edited by mike9250; 08-03-2005 at 05:33 PM.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    The internal belts are cheap and if you do a search you will find a source for them. It is under $75 for the belt and a few minutes of your time to replace. In stock 5psi use they usually hold up but many have not. For street use someone and get a new Vortech or Novi 1000 for under $1800.