Thread: Vortech housing gasket?

Vortech housing gasket?

Between the housing and the volute Vortech has a small gasket in place. I found a place that will make what I believe is the right piece. I called Vortech and they would not simply sell me the piece or give me any information on it. They told me i'd have to send them the blower for it to be replaced. It is a 2 minute project. C'mon!!:shocked: Any way does anyone know what the size iit s or where else to get one. Just wondering.

Or if anyone needs one I now have 8 extra's since I had a minimum order of $35. This went on a T-trim. Not sure if the sor Ysi is different or the same.

The size is a -167 (ID 6.987") oring that was vulcanized down to a Cross Section of .063" It seems to work. The lip where the oring sits appeared to be .060 deep and was like 7.1 " around so all should be good.

Just checking
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Apparantly the T-trim's don't have a gasket, yet there is a little provision in which looks as though one should be there.

Any way I thought there was since my YSi had one and when I called Vortech they said to send it back to them so they can fix it.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D