Thread: 87 mustang Gt

Junior SCH Member

87 mustang Gt

i have an 87 ford mustang gt with gt 40 heads ported, double springs, ford svo 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper n lower intake, bbk cold air kit, 65mm throttle body, i run 13.48 at 104..i am looking to buy a PowerDyne BD-11a from a guy ...has everything i need including bypass valve, i was wondering if this is a good setup to go with...the super charger...any thoughts.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Buy something else. To start with, it won't flow enough CFM for your engine at anything over 4500 rpm. Second the Supercharger is nothing but trouble. You can rebuilt it yourself and you will get good replacing the belt because you will be doing it often. Look for a old Vortech A-trim or purchase a new Novi 1000($1700). Unless your getting the PowerDump for under $500 don't do it.

Junior SCH Member

hey

well with the Novi 1000, do i need to tap for oil lines, because some of the superchargers are "self oiled" can i say..and that way i don't need lines runnig to the oil pan. also if i put 30 lbs on the motor i have now..and a bigger fuel pump...it will run fine until i get the super charger correct? and i wwas thinking about chaning over my ignition, gettin some msd perhaps. like msd distributor..and the msd 6btm..for the supercharger..or can i use the 6al ? thanks

Have you converted to MAF, if your still SD it won't run with 30lb injectors and if you get a Supercharger you can keep SD but you will always be limited unless you get some kind of tuning device.

Junior SCH Member

hey

i converted to mass air conversion..
    what u think i should do for improveements

The only units you don't need to tap are the Powerdyne, Paxton 'SN'or Procharger these are all self contained. I would say the Paxton is better than the Powerdyne when it comes to power and life span. Procharger is $3500. You really need 42lb injectors and a tuning device or you will need to use the FMU.

Junior SCH Member
    who makes the novi 1000..u were talking about..and also if i didn't go with supercharger..what would my options be to get down to low 12's...

Novi is a Paxton and to get in the 12's you will need 125hp shot of nos.