Thread: oil line help

Junior SCH Member

Question oil line help

hey guys, first time on this forum and first time with a supercharger. im in the middle of installing my sc and had a issue with the smog pump/drain plug clearance. when i put the drain plug all the way at the bottom like it comes, the bung hits my smog pump. i live in california so taking the pump out is not an option. can i use any of those holes on the side of the sc to run the oil out? right now i have it sitting in the car with the bung pointing at the driver's side cause thats the only place to put the bung hitting something or kinking the hose. also, can i run the oil return line to the valve cover and then dump it back in there? im not excited about punching holes into my oilpan. i talked to vortech about the valve cover thing and they said that i want to make the oil flow as smooth as possible. they didnt say no though. at WOT my car makes 70psi of oil pressure so i dont think it will be a problem getting the oil back to the valve cover.
    please help!

Yes you can relocate the drain hole but try to stay in as low of a hole as possible.

No you cannot run the drain to your valve cover. It will cause the blower to over fill with oil and probably push out seals. Vortech designed it to gravity feed back to the pan.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph